Mountain View High School (Bend, Oregon)
|Mountain View High School|
|2755 NE 27th Street
Bend, Oregon, Deschutes, 97701
|School district||Bend-La Pine School District|
|Principal||Katie Legace |
|Number of students||1497|
|Color(s)||Red, Black and White|
|Athletics conference||OSAA 5A Special District|
Mountain View High School opened in 1979 as the second high school in the greater Bend, Oregon, area. It was the first new high school in the area since Bend High School opened in 1904, and the two schools remained the only traditional high schools in Bend until Summit High School opened in 2001 (Marshall High School is a magnet high school also located in Bend). The school's first principal was Jack Harris; after his retirement in 1987, the school named the football stadium after him. MVHS underwent major renovations in 2005 to expand the library and main offices.
 State Titles
- Soccer: 1999-Boys
- Football 2011
- Cross country: 2000-Girls, 1995-Boys,
- Swimming: 1992-Girls, 1995-Girls, 2001-Girls, 2001-Boys,
- Nordic skiing: 2010, 2009, 2008-State Champions
 Notable Programs
Mountain View High School hosts the First Robotics Team (FRC) Team #753, The High Desert Droids. It is composed primarily of Mountain View Students; there are also members from Bend High School, Summit High School, and Redmond High School. Mountain View High school is home to the Bend FFA Chapter, and is the only school in the area to provide agriculture classes. FFA is an organization that focuses on giving youth leadership, service, and job skill opportunities through agricultural education. Many teens around Bend switch to MVHS for this program, which is one of the top FFA Chapters in the state. Furthermore, they are also the only area school with an NJROTC program, however, the program is being disbanded after the 2011-2012 school year.
 Notable alumni
- Shannon Bex - former member of Danity Kane
- Linsey Corbin - Professional triathlete
- Ashton Eaton - Track and Field, University of Oregon
- Tommy Ford - An accomplished member of the US Snowboard team, who has competed in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
- Kathryn Legace 'graduates' to Mtn. View
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Wilson, Mike (2009-08-20). "World championships: Trey Hardee wins, Ashton Eaton 18th in decathlon". The Oregonian. Retrieved 11 March 2010.