Mountain View High School (Pima County, Arizona)
|Mountain View High School|
|3901 W. Linda Vista Blvd.
Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.
|Type||Public secondary (U.S.)|
|School district||Marana Unified School District|
|Grades||9th - 12th|
|Enrollment||1,819 (October 1, 2012) |
|Color(s)||Black and silver|
|Mascot||Monty the Mountain Lion|
|Rival||Marana High School|
Mountain View High School in unincorporated Pima County, Arizona is one of the two high schools in the Marana Unified School District. It opened in 1986, ten years after Mesa's high school with the same name. (The two Mountain Views are Arizona's only two district high schools that share a name.)
- Jared Lee Loughner, mass murderer in the 2011 Tucson shooting
- Lacey Nymeyer, an Olympic swimmer from the United States
Mountain View has many sports programs including football, baseball, volleyball, soccer, track and field, cross country, basketball, tennis, wrestling, Swimming, cheer-leading, golf, and marching band. Mountain View High is a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association. It is a Division 1 and 2 school.
Mountain View football won their first state championship in 1993. The 2012-2013 Mountain Lion football team won their first playoff game in nine years, after defeating the previous state runner-up, Cienega, 19-17.
The Pride of Mountain View Marching band is currently a Division 1 band, and in 2013, won excellents throughout each Marching festival. At the U of A Band Day, they were 3 points away from earning a superior score.
- "Marana Unified School District - MVHS Quick Facts". Marana Unified School District. Retrieved 2008-12-15.
- AIA 2012 enrollment figures
- Berger, Judson (2011-01-10). "Loughner's Meltdown Began in Adulthood, Those Near Him Say". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
|This Arizona school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|