Mountain View Hospital, Las Vegas
The hospital opened in February, 1996 with 155 beds.
 Nurses unionize
In early 2009, registered nurses were faced with patient care concerns and under staffing at a hospital that nearly lost its certification with the United States Department of Health and Human Services due to issues of infection control and contamination of equipment. Nurses began organizing with the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee (CNA/NNOC), and in June 2009, about 30 nurses and union staff attempted to meet with hospital CEO William Wagnon to discuss these issues of public safety and nursing standards. All but two were escorted out of the hospital by security, including nurses on break. Nurses filed for a secret-ballot union election two days later.
A week before the scheduled union election that July, nurses filed charges against the hospital with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The NLRB found sufficient evidence to conduct a two-month long investigation of "massive illegal conduct" that included "surveillance, interrogation, bribery, threats," and more. Faced with federal prosecution, a settlement with the NLRB was reached in which HCA agreed to end the illegal practices.
On January 14, 2010, MountainView Nurses elected to unionize in a vote of 240 to 152 (approximately 95% participation). Since the merging of CNA/NNOC, the United American Nurses, and the Massachusetts Nurses Association in December 2009, MountainView Hospital is the first hospital in the country to be newly organized under the banner of National Nurses United.
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- An Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- A Surgical Weight Loss Center designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, with a Dedicated RN Bariatric Coordinator
- A full range of Inpatient and Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services
- A Spine Surgery Program with a Dedicated Spine Coordinator
- Pediatric Medical and Surgical Services with access to specialists from Sunrise Children's Hospital