Mourning Noise was an American horror- and hardcore punk band from Lodi, New Jersey, notable for drummer Steve Zing. Active around the time of the Misfits, Mourning Noise were strongly influenced by the Misfits as drummer Steve Zing lived very close to Jerry Only and Doyle's house and Steve went to high school with Doyle. Their music was typically fast and melodic. Mourning Noise released only a small amount of material, typically as 7" singles, apart from the 1998 collection album Death Trip Delivery. Steve later went on to play for Samhain, Son of Sam, The Undead, Chyna, Doomtree, and later, Danzig.
Samhain guitarist Damien was briefly a member of the band.
- Mike Mansfield - Vocals
- Chris Morance - Bass
- Tommy Koprowski - Guitar
- Steve Zing - Drums
- 1983 - Dawn of the Dead 7" (EP)
- 1986 - Runaway (Steve Zing solo, recorded with Mourning Noise members) 7" (single)
- 1990 - Live Nightmares split 7" with the parasites.
- Death Trip Delivery: 1981 - 1985 CD (Grand Theft Audio, 1998) - posthumous compilation
- "Samhain". Flipside Magazine (Issue 45) (USA: Flipside). Spring 1985. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|