|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2013)|
|Type||Subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway|
|Founded||El Cajon, California, USA (1964)|
|Headquarters||Mansfield, Texas, USA|
Paul Andrews, Jr., ChairmanGlenn Smith, President & CEO
Mouser Electronics was founded in El Cajon, California by Jerry Mouser in 1964. Jerry Mouser was a physics teacher who needed components for an electronics program at his high school. In 1983, his company relocated to its branch location in Mansfield, Texas and in 2001, expanded into a new facility on seven acres there. In January 2000, Mouser became a wholly owned subsidiary of TTI, Inc. in Fort Worth, Texas. In 2007, the company expanded its warehouse and office space by 231,800 square feet, and became part of the Berkshire Hathaway Group. Mouser cosponsored the SAE 2013 Counterfeit parts Avoidance Symposium in Canada. The company has been presented awards such as "Electronics Choice Industry Award for Community Activism - Social or Educational Cause" from the Electronic Components Industry Association in 2013 and from connector manufacturer Harting in 2013 for "New Customer Growth" and "New Product Growth", and Littelfuse in 2011, for "Catalog Distributor of the Year".
The website has products from 500+ manufacturers and access to 5 million data sheets. It has a project manager with automatic re-order and Bill Of Materials(BOM) import capabilities. Users can subscribe to a Mouser newsletter. Microsites off the Mouser.com website teach about new technologies.
- "Mouser Electronics educational sales page with short company history". Mouser.com.
- "2 Arlington building projects to start soon". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. July 24, 2001. p. 1 (Business). Retrieved November 19, 2013 – via Newsbank.(subscription required)
- "Mouser Electronics: Delivering a Successful Construction Project at a Location With Extensive Ongoing Client Operations" (Press release). Bob Moore Construction. 2008. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- "Mouser Electronics Sponsors International Counterfeit Parts Avoidance Symposium" (Press release). Reuters. September 3, 2013. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Electronic Components Industry Association Honors Mouser Electronics". HispanicBusiness.com. November 24, 2013. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- "Mouser Electronics Wins Two Distinguished Awards from Harting" (Press release). Harting USA. June 5, 2013. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- "Littelfuse Names Mouser Electronics 2011 Catalog Distributor of the Year" (Press release). Littelfuse. May 10, 2012. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- "Mouser Electronics Quick Facts". Mouser.com.