Moutheater with Steve Albini in 2007 during the recording of Lot Lizard
|Origin||Hampton, VA - Norfolk, VA|
|Genres||Noise Rock, Sludge Metal, Grunge, Alternative Rock|
|Labels||Anthems of The Undesirable, Swim Harder Cassettes, Last Anthem Records, Head2Wall Records|
|Associated acts||Debris Amour, Wandcarver|
|Guitar, vocals, Bass, drums, Electronics|
Moutheater is a sludge and noise-rock band from the Norfolk area of Virginia, primarily composed of drummer/recording engineer Tim Gault and songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Andrew Aircraft. After recording their first 7" with influential engineer Steve Albini during the summer of 2007, the band then began the task of recording the rest of their discography themselves at Tim's Double O Recording.
With a sometimes rotating cast of bass players and other musicians, the band has recorded two full lengths, several ep's, and toured the eastern half of the US multiple times.
Their first full length, Ornament, was released in July 2009, and was featured in Alternative Press, Decibel, and Outburn, as well as other outlets.
After spending a year in the studio throughout 2013 and 2014, and dubbing themselves "Kozmic Noise Rock Flower Sludge", their latest effort, Passing Key, is a culmination of subtle psychedelic influences and their usual early 90's alternative bedrock, combined with their unique brand of pop-song structured, heavy, noise-rock.
Moutheater have cited various influences including Nirvana (band), Swans (band), The Melvins, The Jesus Lizard, Godflesh, Neurosis (band), Scratch Acid, Tad (band), Helmet (band), Failure (band), Cursed (band), The Smashing Pumpkins, Queens of The Stone Age, and His Hero Is Gone.
- Lot Lizard (2007, 7", Thrashed Records)
- No Ballet (2007, CS/CDr, Swim Harder Cassettes)
- Vegas/Moutheater split (2008, 7", Thrashed Records)
- Thrashed Records Vol. 1 Compilation (2008, CS, Thrashed Records, contributed the song Signs Of Weakness)
- Ornament (2009, CD, Thrashed Records; 2012, LP, Head2Wall Records)
- Colonial (2011, 12", Last Anthem Records)
- Passing Key (2014, LP, Anthems of The Undesirable)
- Moutheater/Godstopper split (2015, 7", Corpse Flower Records)
- Andrew Aircraft - Guitar/Vocals (2007–present)
- Tim Gault - Drums (2007–present)
- Aaron F. - Bass (2007-2009) (2012–present)
- J. Chapman - Bass (2011-2012), Guitar (2012-present)
- Chistoph Matthews - Bass (2014-present)
- Brett Mathews - Bass (2009–2010)
- Jeb Black - Bass (2010–2011)
- Sound cover and feature article
- Halifax collect review
- Sound article
- Aversion Online review of Lot Lizard
- Aversion Online review of the Vegas/Moutheater split
- TCC Times article page 1
- TCC Times article page 2
- TCC Times article page 3
- Portfolio Weekly article