Moutheater with Steve Albini in 2007 during the recording of Lot Lizard
|Origin||Hampton Roads, Virginia|
|Genres||Noise Rock, Sludge Metal, Post-Punk, Crust Punk|
|Labels||Swim Harder Cassettes, Last Anthem Records, Thrashed Records|
|Associated acts||Debris Amour, Jesuit (band)|
|Guitar, vocals, Bass, drums|
Moutheater is a band heavily influenced by punk, noise rock, metal, and post-punk from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. Their debut 7 inch entitled "Lot Lizard" was recorded by Steve Albini at Electrical Audio in Chicago, Illinois during the summer of 2007 and included artwork by Dwid Hellion of Integrity (band). They've toured and played shows with various acts including Trap Them, Doomriders, The Banner, Prideswallower, Fight Amputation, and Ruiner (band). In 2008 Moutheater teamed up with the German band Vegas for a split 7 inch that also includes artwork by Dwid Hellion and toured the Northeast, Midwest and South of the U.S. that summer. The band was chosen to perform at the 2009 MACRoCk festival alongside Pygmy Lush, My Disco, and Young Widows. In early 2009, the band toured the Northeast and parts of the South again, as well as introducing the new bass player and ex Jesuit (band) and The End Of The Universe member Brett Mathews to their lineup.
The Moutheater full length track entitled "Ornament" was released on CD in July 2009, followed by another American summer tour of the Midwest and parts of the South and Northeast. "Ornament" was featured in Alternative Press, Decibel, and Outburn as well as other outlets.
In early 2010, Moutheater announced they would be recording a new record for Last Anthem Records in the summer months. The band also announced the departure of bassist Brett Mathews and the addition of new bassist Jeb Black.
"Colonial", a four song 12 inch EP, was released in early 2011. In August 2011, the bass player changed again, with Joey Chapman taking on the position. By March 2012, Joey had moved to second guitar and Aaron returned on bass.
In the spring of 2013 Moutheater began what would become a year long recording process for a new LP entitled "Passing Key", to be released on Anthems of The Undesirable. In the spring of 2014 they announced that the album would be available that upcoming summer and that a tour of the East Coast and Midwest would commence around the same time.
Moutheater have cited various influences including Nirvana (band), Swans (band), The Melvins, The Jesus Lizard, Godflesh, Neurosis (band), Scratch Acid, Tad (band), Helmet (band), Failure (band), Cursed (band), The Smashing Pumpkins, Queens of The Stone Age, and His Hero Is Gone.
- Lot Lizard (2007, 7inch, Thrashed Records)
- No Ballet (2007, CS/CDr, Swim Harder Cassettes)
- Vegas/Moutheater split (2008, 7inch, Thrashed Records)
- Thrashed Records Vol. 1 Compilation (2008, CS, Thrashed Records, contributed the song Signs Of Weakness)
- Ornament (2009, CD, Thrashed Records; 2012, LP, Head2Wall Records)
- Colonial (2011, 12inch, Last Anthem Records)
- Passing Key (2014, LP, Anthems of The Undesirable)o
- Andrew Aircraft - Guitar/Vocals (2007–present)
- Tim Gault - Drums (2007–present)
- Aaron F. - Bass (2007-2009) (2012–present)
- Joey Chapman - Bass (2011-2012), Guitar (2012-present)
- Brett Mathews - Bass (2009–2010)
- Jeb Black - Bass (2010–2011)
- Sound cover and feature article
- Halifax collect review
- Sound article
- Aversion Online review of Lot Lizard
- Aversion Online review of the Vegas/Moutheater split
- TCC Times article page 1
- TCC Times article page 2
- TCC Times article page 3
- Portfolio Weekly article