Movia is a family of metro train built by Bombardier Transportation. The structure and body shell are fully customisable for the needs of each system that orders it. Unlike most traditional metro trains, they usually have full-width gangways between carriages, allowing passengers to walk the entire length of the train. The design was developed by Adtranz which was acquired by Bombardier in 2001.
Guangzhou Metro, Shanghai Metro, and Shenzhen Metro all use Movia 456 trains, while Bucharest Metro use the Movia 346. Movia trains are on order and entering service for the London Underground (designated S Stock and 2009 Stock), Toronto Subway (designated Toronto Rocket), and Delhi Metro. Singapore MRT has accepted an order of C951 trains.
- Toronto Transit Commission (Toronto subway and RT)
People's Republic of China
- Guangzhou Metro - 34 six-car units (204 cars).
- Shanghai Metro - 134 six-car units (804 cars).
- Shenzhen Metro - 22 six-car units (132 cars).
- MTR - 22 eight-car units and 10 three-car units (206 cars) on the Kwun Tong Line and South Island Line (East).
- Bangkok BTS Skytrain
- 17 four-car units (68 cars). Delivered on June 25, 2010 and enter service late 2010 on the Silom line running between the National Stadium and Wongwian Yai stations.
- London Underground
- Stockholm Metro
- 80 C30 Movia cars have been ordered for delivery in 2017–2021
- LEW Hennigsdorf, Hennigsdorf，Germany - former Lokomotivbau-Elektrotechnische Werke (later Adtranz/AEG Schienenfahrzeuge GmbH)
- Changchun Bombardier Railway Vehicles Co Ltd, Changchun, China - joint venture plant with Changchun Railway Vehicles Company Limited
- Savli railcar and electrical component manufacturing plant, Vadodara District (Gujarat), India
- Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada - former Canadian Car and Foundry plant (Hawker Siddeley Canada/Urban Transportation Development Corporation)
- Litchurch Lane, Derby, England, UK
- Toronto Transit Commission (March 6, 2015). "TTC Service Summary - March 29,2015 to May 9, 2015" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "Procurement Authorization Amendment to Purchase 10 Additional Toronto Rocket Train Sets - Purchase Order No. C31PD05761" (PDF). Toronto Transit Commission. 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- News - Media Centre. Bombardier. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- First video clip of set operating
- Delhi orders more Movia metro cars. Railway Gazette. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bombardier Movia.|