Movie Park Germany
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2010)|
|Slogan||Wow! I'm in the movies!|
|Location||Bottrop, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Opened||July 7, 1967
(2004 as Movie Park Germany)
|Previous names||Warner Bros. Movie World Germany (1996 to 2004), Bavaria Filmpark Bottrop (1992 to 1993), Neue Traumland (1986 to 1991), Traumlandpark (1977 to 1985), Kirchhellener Märchenwald (1967 to 1976)|
The park was opened in June 1996 as "Warner Bros. Movie World Germany" on the former location of the "Traumlandpark" amusement park, which had already replaced an earlier attraction called "Märchenwald". During the time from 1992 to 1993, a short lived theme park called "Bavaria Filmpark" existed in this location as well. The laying of the cornerstone was in May 1994.
In 2004, the park was acquired by StarParks, a sub-group of Palamon Capital. This led to the name of the park being changed into "Movie Park Germany" in 2005, with the Warner Bros. theming removed from the park and replaced by newer themes from 20th Century Fox, MGM, and Nickelodeon.
In 2010, Parques Reunidos bought the park from Palamon Capital. No changes to the park's name or theming occurred.
The park is divided up into 6 areas each with their own collection of attractions.
Hollywood Street Set
- Bermuda Triangle: Alien Encounter – an Intamin spillwater. It is a replica of the previously operated Sea World ride in Australia.
- Ice Age 4D - A 4D cinema based on the movie Ice Age 3.
Streets of New York
- Time Riders – Time-travel with John Cleese - Venturer simulators (replaced Batman Abenteuer)
- NYC Transformer - a Huss Top Spin
- Van Helsing's Factory - a Gerstlauer Bobsled roller coaster (replaced Gremlins Invasion)
- Avatar Air Glider - a Zamperla Giant Skychaser
- Backyardigans: Mission to Mars - Vekoma Family Roller Coaster
- Barnyard Bumpers - a set of SBF Bumper Cars
- Blue's Skidoo - a SBF Jet ride the ride is based on the television Blue's Clues
- Fairy World Spin - fairly odd parents (2013) - a Mack teacups
- Diego's Rescue Rider - a Zamperla Jump Around
- Dora's Big River Adventure - a Zamperla Log Flume the ride is based on the television Dora the Explorer
- Ghost Chasers - a Mack wild mouse
- Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Flyer - a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster the ride is based on the animated television Jimmy Neutron
- Sea Swing - a SBF swing ride
- Splat-O-Sphere - a Chance Rides Aviator
- SpongeBob Splash Bash - a Preston & Barbieri Splash Battle the ride is based on the television SpongeBob Squarepants
- Swiper's Sweeper - a Zamperla Speedway
- Team Umizoomi Number Tumbler (2013) - a Zamperla Kiddie carpet
- Wonder Pets Flyboat - a SBF Kiddie Freefall Tower
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Working title) June 2013 - driving school
The Old West
- Bandit – Germany's first wooden roller coaster of modern times (Based on the Coney Island roller coaster The Cyclone)
- MP Xpress – a Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster
- Side Kick - a Huss Frisbee
- The High Fall - an Intamin Tilting Gyro Drop
Santa Monica Pier
- Crazy Surfer - a Zamperla Disk-O Coaster
- Hollywood Filmmuseum
- Pier Patrol - a Zierer Wild Water Rondell
- Pier Side Carousel - a Zierer Wave Swinger
- Rescue 112 - a Zamperla Fire Brigade
- Santa Monica Wheel - a SBF Ferris Wheel
- Stormy Cruise - a Zamperla Rockin' Tug
Mystery River and Ice Age
- Ice Age Adventure - an Intamin boat ride it based in 2002 movie Ice Age (film)
- Mystery River - an Intamin rapid ride
- Character Show - a live show featuring the Nickelodeon characters
- Crazy Cops - a live action stunt show
- Movie Switch
- Ice Age 4-D
- Wild West Showdown - a live show
- Shadows of Darkness - The Van Helsing Show
Halloween Horror Fest
The Halloween Horror Fest is an annual event around Halloween time. It features over 250 scare actors and extra attractions like mazes and scarezones.
Current mazes (2013)
- Deathpital Reloaded (16+)
- Baboo Twister Club (12+)
- Circus of Freaks (16+)
- The Walking Dead (based on the TV show The Walking Dead, 16+)
- The Forgtotten (16+)
Former mazes (1999-2013)
- Noxam Nocere
- City Of The Damned
- Panic Zone
- Paranormal Activity 2 (based on the 2010 motion picture)
- Bermuda Dreieck (water ride with live scare actors. The attraction, now known as 'Bermuda ATriangle: Alen Encounter', operates the whole season, but without scare actors)
During the HHF the Nickland theme area is a 'Monsterfreie Zone' (engl. 'monster free area') where children can stay at the park without being scared of the scare actors.
- O'Brien, Tim (18 October 1999). "Premier Purchases WB's European Parks Division". Amusement Business: 1, 32.
- "Attractions". Movie Park Germany. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- O'Brien, Tim (May 17, 1999). "New Family Rides Add Plenty Of Capacity". Amusement Business 111 (20): 20.
- "Shows & Entertainment". Movie Park Germany. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Movie Park Germany.|