|Origin||Pasay City, Philippines|
|Occupation(s)||Lip syncing comedians|
|Members||James Ronald Obeso (Moymoy)
Rodfil Obeso (Roadfill)
Moymoy Palaboy is a Filipino comic and singing duo known for their uploaded lip sync videos in YouTube. The duo consists of the Obeso brothers, James Ronald (a.k.a. Moymoy, born on July 17, 1983, in Pasay City) and Rodfil (a.k.a. Roadfill, born on August 28, 1985, in Pasay City). They are now GMA Network contract artists.
Before James and Rodfil's career started, their mother, Nenita Obeso was stricken with breast cancer. When she died in 2006, their aunt, Benny Obeso (fondly called Mama Auntie by her nephews) took them in.
The brothers went to the same public elementary and high schools in Pasay City. For their college education, they both attended the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. James majored in Broadcasting, but dropped out of college to find a job and help his "stepmother". His brother Rodfil finished a Business Management course and used to work as an in-house sales representative at the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT). Rodfil loves to sing at videoke bars, play computer games and electronic gadgets.
James Ronald auditioned for Star In A Million but he failed to qualify. He used to perform in a band named Pasionista, until he decided to leave the band to join a television show with his younger brother.
The brothers started to upload their lip sync videos via YouTube in 2007. In 2008, their videos and their YouTube profile garnered over 5 million hits and they have more than 130,000 subscribers from all over the world. Most Mexicans, Americans and Filipinos gave positive remarks for the duo's uploaded videos. Most of their videos were shot at home, as seen in the background, where their aunt Mama Auntie also appears. They use their laptop and cellphone cameras to shoot the videos. Aside from their aunt, other guests who appeared in their videos include their friends and Philippine TV celebrities. Among their most popular YouTube videos are Everybody (Backstreet's Back) (by Backstreet Boys), Wannabe (by Spice Girls) and MariMar (by Thalía).
The duo made their first TV appearance in GMA Network's Bubble Gang on June 27, 2008; they are now regulars in that show. Aside from Bubble Gang, they have been seen in MTV Campus Crashers. In their TV interviews, their real voices were masked using high-pitched tones or other voices through the microphone so that their real voices would remain a mystery.
Due to their popularity, they are now contract artists in GMA Artist Center and recently appearing as regulars in SOP Rules. The duo became recording artists and they have their first song, Kapit (Dayo soundtrack), in which they used their real singing voices. In March 2009, they released their own debut album entitled Uploaded under Sony BMG and their first single is Lumayo Ka Man sa Laklak, a parody where the lyrics of The Teeth's song "Laklak" is sung to the tune of Rodel Naval's classic song "Lumayo Ka Man Sa Akin".
The duo have revealed their real voices for the first time in a March 20, 2009, episode of Bubble Gang in which they watched the IyoTube segment featuring the impersonators called "Mokmok Palabok". This marked the first acting stint of the duo on television. Also the duo worked with their real-life friend Aljur Abrenica and his partner Kris Bernal in the soap All My Life, which is their first primetime show on television.
On March 26, 2009, YouTube account moymoypalaboy, the duo's YouTube account that started their popularity was suspended. YouTube claimed it was due to copyright infringement. Although the duo's lipsync videos of themselves were original, the songs used weren't theirs. A new YouTube account was created that same day called moymoypalaboyteam. The original "moymoypalaboy" YouTube account was eventually reactivated on April 8, 2009.
In September 2010, the brothers were featured in an ad for Coca Cola called 'Coca Cola Brrrr'.
- Bubble Gang
- SOP Rules
- Maynila (themselves)
- MTV: Campus Crashers
- All My Life (Toto and Caloy)
- Party Pilipinas
- Diva (themselves)
- Spooky Nights Presents: The Ringtone (2011) (2 clowns) (GMA Network)
- Manny Many Prizes (hosts)
- IBILIB: Wonders of Horus (2012) (co-hosts)
- Sunday All Stars (guest performers)
- Dayo: Sa Mundo ng Elementalia (2008) (Tiyanaks, special voice guests)
- 'Father Jejemon (2010)
- Udin Cari Alamat Palsu (2012)
- Boy Pick-Up: The Movie (2012)
- Dayo: Sa Mundo ng Elementalia soundtrack (2008)
- Moymoy Palaboy: Uploaded (2009, Sony Music)
|2009||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Most Popular Novelty Singer||Won|
- Philippine Daily Inquirer - Moymoy Palaboy Superstar
- TV Azteca snippet featuring the duo
- Youtube video of Moymoy Palaboy's rendition of Marimar; At least some of the comments were from Latin Americans who viewed the video
- MTV Philippines - Moymoy Palaboy Profile
- GMA News.TV, Moymoy Palaboy Duo Sign Contract with GMA (Video)
- iGMA.TV, Moymoy Palaboy officially Kapuso na! (Moymoy Palaboy Officially Are Now Kapuso Stars!)
- GMA News.TV - PEP: Moymoy Palaboy Are Now Recording Artists
- Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP), Moymoy Palaboy Brothers of "Bubble Gang" Are Now Recording Artists
- Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP), Moymoy Palaboy will soon launch album titled "Uploaded"
- YouTube became notorious for pulling out videos using copyrighted content, even though the video was obviously a parody, which is protected under the First Amendment rights in the United States.
- "40th Box Office Entertainment Awards given out". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.