|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||2,690 ft (820 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Moyo is located approximately 455 kilometres (283 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city.  This location lies about 140 kilometres (87 mi), by road, northeast of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. The border with South Sudan lies only 7 kilometres (4.3 mi), by road, north of the town. The coordinates of the town are:3°39'18.0"N, 31°43'12.0"E (Latitude 3.6550; Longitude:31.7200).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Moyo at about 12,070. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 22,000. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Moyo at 23,700.
The following landmarks are located in Moyo Town or close to the town limits:
- The headquarters of Moyo District Administration
- The offices of Moyo Town Council
- Moyo Airport - A civilian airport administered by the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority. There are scheduled flights to Moyo Airport: (IATA: OYG, ICAO: N/A), via Arua Airport, from Entebbe International Airport on Eagle Air.
- Moyo Central Market
Other points of interest
Other points of interest in or near Moyo, include the following:
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- Moyo Hospital - A 176 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Moyo Campus of Uganda Martyrs University
- "Distance Between Kampala And Moyo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Arua And Moyo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Moyo Town At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Moyo In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 3 June 2014.