Mr. & Mrs. Smith (travel guide)
|Genre||Travel guides, Travel agency|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Products||Temporary accommodation, Books, CDs|
Mr & Mrs Smith is a travel publisher and hotel booking service specialising in boutique, individual and small luxury hotels worldwide. Set up by London-based husband and wife team James Lohan and Tamara Heber-Percy in 2003, the company now has offices in Melbourne, covering the Asia-Pacific region, and in New York City covering North and South America. The company launched its booking service in 2005, and now has more than 850 hotel members worldwide.
In 2006, Outline television production company created a television series, The Smith’s Hotels for Two, which was presented by Juliet Kinsman and Andrew Grahame and showed for six episodes on Discovery Travel & Living.
All hotels are reviewed anonymously by ‘tastemaker couples’. Famous reviewers include Erdem, Dita Von Teese, Stella McCartney and Raymond Blanc. Since 2005, Mr & Mrs Smith has expanded its hotel collections to include self-catering properties, child-friendly stays and wedding venues. Their family-friendly properties now form a stand-alone collection on sister website Smith & Family, launched in April 2013.
They have published nine guidebooks covering the UK and Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, France and Italy. They have also released a selection of CD music compilations, and they have collaborated on Mr & Mrs Smith accessories with brands such as Mulberry and Bill Amberg.
- Mr & Mrs Smith website
- Smith & Family website
- Mr & Mrs Smith US website
- Mr & Mrs Smith LinkedIn Profile
- CondeNast Traveller 2012 Readers' Travel Awards
- CondeNast Traveller 2011 Readers’ Travel Awards
- Business Zone: Interview with James Lohan and Tamara Heber-Percy
- “Women in Business – Tamara Heber-Percy on Mr & Mrs Smith”, Telegraph Online, 3 March 2009
- “Mr & Mrs Smith Awarded 2011 CN Traveller UK Readers' Award for Best Website”, Atlanta’s Finest.com, 15 September 2011
- “Q&A: James Lohan and Tamara Heber-Percy”, LuxuryTravelBible.com, 18 August 2011
- The Smiths: Hotels for Two, IMDB.com, Retrieved 28 April 2008
- “Mr & Mrs Smith: Turning a disastrous date into a successful business” by Dan Martin, businesszone.co.uk, 16 November 2011
- “Mr & Mrs Smith: our reviewers”, Mrandmrssmith.com, Retrieved 21 November 2011
- “Mr & Mrs Smith: Hotel Collections”, mrandmrssmith.com, Retrieved 21 November
- “Mr & Mrs Smith Profile”, LinkedIn, Retrieved 21 November 2011
- “Mr & Mrs Smith Gift Shop”, mrandmrssmith.com, Retrieved 21 November 2011
- “CondeNast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards 2011”, cntraveller.com, Retrieved 21 November 2011