Mr. Perfect (film)
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Written by||Abburi Ravi, K. S. Ravindra|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Cinematography||Vijay C Chakravarthy|
|Editing by||Siva Prasad|
|Studio||Sri Venkateswara Creations|
|Distributed by||Dil Raju|
|Running time||145 min|
|Budget||25 crore (US$4.0 million)|
|Box office||75 crore (US$12 million)|
Mr. Perfect is a 2011 Tollywood romantic comedy film directed by Dasaradh Kondapalli, starring Prabhas, Kajal Agarwal and Taapsee Pannu in the lead roles, while actors Murali Mohan, Prakash Raj, Sayaji Shinde, Nassar and Viswanath Kasinadhuni play other pivotal roles. The movie is produced by Dil Raju and written by Ravi Abburi (Bommarillu fame). The film released on 22 April 2011 to positive reviews and eventually became a box-office blockbuster. The film won the newly incorporated, Nagi Reddy, memorial Award as the best Telugu family entertainer for the year 2011. In 2013 It was Dubbed in Hindi Under the Title No.1 Mr. PerfectThe film broke several records and becoming second highest grossing telugu films in 2011 behind Dookudu.
Vicky (Prabhas), an expert in gaming software, lives in Australia and never compromises in his life, a principle he adheres to since his childhood. He believes that one should be oneself in a relationship and one shouldn't change one's orientation for the sake of the partner. He also encourages his friends to follow his principle of life. But Vicky's principles and attitude leads to a clash of interests with his father (Nassar), who constantly advises him to adjust his character for his and other's happiness but to no avail.
Meanwhile in India, Vicky's parents arrange a wedding alliance between him and Priya (Kajal Aggarwal), Vicky's childhood friend who is a doctor by profession. She and Vicky are poles apart; while Vicky is modern in his thinking and is not ready to compromise with his life, Priya is traditional and conservative and is ready to compromise for the happiness of others. Initially, Vicky and Priya do not get along well, and both play practical jokes on one another. But later, on her father's (Murali Mohan) advice, Priya attempts to change her attitude towards Vicky. Soon Priya falls in love with Vicky and changes in many ways for him, such as giving up her love of classical dance as Vicky does not like it, eating non-vegetarian food and wearing modern dresses. Vicky too begins to fall in love with her and is ready to accept the wedding proposal until he finds out that Priya has compromised on her interests for his sake. He rejects the wedding proposal and returns to Australia.
Back in Australia, Vicky is matched up through a Cadbury survey with Maggie (Taapsee), a free-spirited modern girl who shares his no-compromise attitude. Both of them meet at a mall and interested in each other, begin to date and soon decide to get married. However, Maggie's father is none other than the MindGames head's brother, who is unwilling to let Vicky marry Maggie. After much persuasion from Vicky, Maggie's father agrees to let Vicky marry Maggie on the condition that he should stay in his house for 4 days for Maggie's sister's wedding and if Vicky manages to win over at least 2 relatives of Maggie, he can marry her and he would get a business in India else he should forget Maggie and leave the contract. But Vicky changes the condition that if at least 1 relative of Maggie does not get convinced that Vicky is the correct match for Maggie then he would forget Maggie and leave the contract, else he would marry Maggie and does not leave the contract.
Soon, the relatives begin pouring in from India and among them, to Vicky's shock, is Priya, who happens to be the groom's cousin. During the 4 days, with the help of Priya, he manages to win over the entire family. It is clear that Vicky is going to win Maggie's father's challenge. Priya leaves for India on the night before Vicky wins the challenge, heartbroken at the thought that Vicky is marrying someone else. Vicky receives a message Priya had recorded prior to him rejecting her on his mobile phone where she had declared her love for him. He gains a change of heart on seeing this message and realises how much Priya had loved him and was willing to change for him, in spite of his faults. He also realises the need for compromises in life. Vicky conveys his feelings to all the wedding guests present and decides not to marry Maggie. Maggie understands his feelings and accepts his decision.
Vicky returns to India to win back Priya. After initially playing hard-to-get, Priya accepts Vicky's love and they live happily ever after.
- Prabhas as Vicky
- Kajal Agarwal as Priya
- Taapsee as Maggi
- Murali Mohan as Priya's Father
- Prakash Raj as Maggi's Father
- Sayaji Shinde as Maggi's Uncle
- Bramhanandam as Jalsa Kishore
- Kaashinathuni Vishwanath as Maggie's Grandfather
- Raghu Babu
- Master Bharat
- Krishnudu as Vicky's Friend
- Nassar as Vicky's Father
Mr. Perfect received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Sify mentioned "Director Dasarath should be appreciated for his clean, family-oriented outlook, keeping under check all the elements that are not his forte. The screenplay is slow, but interesting, and remains unpredictable till the end of the film". The Times of India gave a two and a half rating, said that "What is applause-worthy in the movie is Kajal Agarwal's performance. She looks great, expresses well and fits into the role perfectly. Prabhas manages to look nice, but really needs to work on his dialogue delivery." The review site GreatAndhra rated the film with three stars and noted "The film comes across as a clean, family entertainer and the intention of the makers must be appreciated. Their attempt to reiterate the values of love, life, relationships in today's world is acknowledged. First half comprises with good humor and flow of drama. And second half also continues in similar fashion but with weak handling of emotions. Required emotion is not carried in the fag end of the film and hence it appeared weak".
The original score is composed by Devi Sri Prasad and the soundtrack for the film was released on 19 March 2011. Shreya Ghoshal has won the The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011 for best playback singing for her track "Chali Chaliga".
|Soundtrack album by Devi Sri Prasad|
|Released||19 March 2011|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|1.||"Rao Gari Abbai"||Ananth Sreeram||Tippu, Megha||4:44|
|2.||"Chali Chaliga"||Ananth Sreeram||Shreya Ghoshal||4:57|
|3.||"Ningi Jaaripadda"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Mallikarjun||1:46|
|4.||"Dol Dol Dol Bhaje"||Balaji||MLR. Karthikeyan, Anitha||4:32|
|5.||"Mora Vinara"||G. Sathyamurthy||Priyadarshini||2:23|
|6.||"Aakasam Badhalaina"||Ananth Sreeram||Sagar, Megha||4:08|
|7.||"Aggipulla Lanti"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Gopika Poornima||1:53|
|8.||"Badhulu Thochanai"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Karthik, Mallikharjun||4:11|
|9.||"Light Theesko"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Baba Sehgal, Murali||4:25|
Awards and Nominations
- South Indian International Movie Award (SIIMA) for Best Female Playback Singer – Shreya Ghoshal ("Chali Chali")
- Hyderabad Times Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Shreya Ghoshal ("Chali Chali")
- Santhosham Film Award for Best Actress Jury Award – Taapsee Pannu
- The film won the newly incorporated Nagi Reddy Memorial Award as the Best Telugu Family Entertainer for the year 2011
he film released on 22 April 2011 Hindi Dubed released 22 July 2013.
- The film was released in almost 800 theatres in Andhra pradesh.
- The flim also released in karnataka,rest of India,overseas with 200 odd prints.
- The Film ran 50days in 130 centres and 100 days in 15 centres.The film collected 75 crore in end of its run.
- The film is the second biggest hit in the year 2011 after Dookudu.
- The satellite rights were obtained by Gemini TV for 45 million.
- The DVD was released by Aditya Videos on 10 September 2011, in NTSC video format for a purchase price of $7.99.
- The Blu-ray Disc was released by Aditya Videos on 20 October 2011, in NTSC video format and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround audio format for a purchase price of $24.99.
- "Mr Perfect Telugu Movie (2011), Mr Perfect Movie Review, Mr Perfect Movie Release Date, Trailer, Rating". Altiusdirectory.com. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Mr. Perfect wins Nagireddy award". 123telugu.com. 1 January 1998. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Mr Perfect Dubbed in Hindi". Southy Mania. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Mr Perfect review: Imperfect but entertaining". Sify. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Mr Perfect review". Times of india. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "'Mr Perfect' Review: Perfect With Slight Imperfection". greatandhra. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". 24 June 2012.
- "Taapsee bagged santhosham special jury award". idlebrain. 19 September 2012.
- "Gemini TV bags Mr.Perfect Satellite Rights". prabhasmyhero.blogspot.com. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "Description – Mr.Perfect Telugu DVD". njmtv.com.
- "Description – Mr.Perfect Telugu Blu Ray". njmtv.com.