Mr. Vampire II
|Mr. Vampire II|
Original Hong Kong film poster
|Cantonese||Goeng1 Si1 Gaa1 Zuk6|
|Directed by||Ricky Lau|
|Produced by||Sammo Hung|
|Written by||Barry Wong|
|Music by||Anders Nelsson
|Edited by||Peter Cheung|
Bo Ho Films Co., Ltd.
Paragon Films Ltd.
|Distributed by||Golden Harvest|
Mr. Vampire II, also known as Mr. Vampire Part 2, is a 1986 Hong Kong comedy horror film directed by Ricky Lau, starring Lam Ching Ying, and produced by Sammo Hung. The film is the second of a series of five films directed by Ricky Lau in the Mr. Vampire franchise. Mr. Vampire and its sequels were released as part of the jiangshi cinematic boom in Hong Kong during the 1980s. The Chinese title of the film literally translates to Vampire Family.
Archaeologist Kwok Tun-wong brings his two students with him in search of ancient artefacts. They stumble upon a cave and discover three geung sis (Chinese "hopping" vampires) — an adult male, an adult female, and a child male. The vampires are immobilised because they have Chinese talismans with spells written on them stuck to their foreheads. Kwok brings them back to his lab and decides to sell the boy vampire in the black market.
While transporting the boy vampire, Kwok accidentally strips the talisman off its forehead and breaks the charm. The creature awakens and escapes. It enters a house by chance and befriends a little girl, who mistakes the young vampire for an illegal immigrant boy. Meanwhile, back in the lab, one of Kwok's students mischievously removes the talismans from the adult vampires and revives them. The vampires start to "hop" around and attack people. It took the three men much trouble to put them back to rest temporarily.
One of Kwok's students was bitten by the male vampire while fighting it so he goes to see Dr Lam for treatment. Lam recognises the bite marks and concludes that there are vampires running loose in town. Together with his daughter Gigi and his prospective son-in-law Yen, Lam embarks on a quest to destroy the vampires.
- Lam Ching-ying as Dr Lam Ching-ying (林正英), a physician who is also skilled in Chinese supernatural arts.
- Yuen Biao as Yen (夏友仁), a reporter and Lam's prospective son-in-law.
- Moon Lee as Gigi, Lam's daughter.
- Chung Fat as Professor Kwok Tun-wong (郭敦煌), the archaeologist who discovers the vampires.
- Billy Lau as Chicken, Kwok's student.
- Ka Lee as Sashimi, Kwok's student.
- Pauline Wong as the female adult vampire
- Cheung Wing-cheung as the male adult vampire
- Hoh Kin-wai as the boy vampire
- Hon To-yue as Chia-chia, the girl who befriends the boy vampire.
- Choi Man-gam as Chia-chia's brother
- Wu Fung as Mr Hu, Chia-chia's father.
- Wu Ma as Mr Hu's neighbour
- Hsiao Ho as a lab technician
- James Tien as a police officer
- Cho Tat-wah as the police chief
- Manfred Wong as a coroner
- Yuen Miu as a policeman
- Stanley Fung as an archaeologist
- Ban Yun-sang as a policeman at the traffic checkpoint
- Chow Gam-kong as a policeman
- Yiu Yau-hung as a fireman
- Lee Chi-git as Ping
- Lam Gwok-hung
- Yeung Ming
|19 June 1998||United States||Unknown||Tai Seng Video||NTSC||Cantonese||English|||
|24 January 2000||United Kingdom||15||Made in Hong Kong||PAL||Cantonese||English|||
|Unknown||Japan||N/A||Pony Video||CLV / NTSC||Cantonese||Japanese||Audio Mono|||
|Unknown||Hong Kong||N/A||Megastar (HK)/
|NTSC||Cantonese||English, Traditional Chinese||2VCDs|
|5 December 2003||China||N/A||Guang Dong Yin Xiang Chu Ban She||NTSC||Mandarin||None||2VCDs|||
|21 September 2005||Taiwan||N/A||Guang Dong Yin Xiang Chu Ban She||NTSC||Mandarin||Traditional Chinese||2VCDs|||
|11 July 2008||Hong Kong||N/A||Joy Sales (HK)||NTSC||Cantonese, Mandarin||English, Traditional Chinese||2VCDs|||
|Unknown||Hong Kong||N/A||Megastar||NTSC||ALL||Cantonese||Dolby Digital 5.1||English,
Simplified Chinese,Traditional Chinese,
|Unknown||Japan||N/A||Universal Pictures Japan||NTSC||2||Cantonese, Japanese||Dolby Digital Mono||Japanese||Digitally Re-mastered Box-set|||
|3 August 2001||Hong Kong||N/A||Deltamac (HK)||NTSC||ALL||Cantonese, Mandarin||Dolby Digital 2.0||English, Traditional Chinese,
|5 December 2003||China||N/A||Guang Dong Yin Xiang Chu Ban She||NTSC||ALL||Mandarin||Unknown||English, Simplified Chinese|||
|19 February 2004||France||N/A||HK Video||PAL||2||Cantonese||Dolby Digital||French||Box-set|||
|4 July 2006||Taiwan||N/A||Catalyst Logic||NTSC||3||Cantonese, Mandarin||Dolby Digital 5.0||English, Traditional Chinese|||
|11 October 2009||Japan||N/A||Geneon Universal Entertainment||NTSC||2||Cantonese||Unknown||Japanese||Digitally Remastered Edition|||
|16 April 2009||Hong Kong||N/A||Joy Sales (HK)||NTSC||2||Cantonese, Mandarin||Dolby Digital 2.0||English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese|||
|21 December 2012||Japan||N/A||Paramount Home
|NTSC||2||Cantonese, Japanese||Dolby Digital||Japanese||Digitally Re-mastered|||
|26 July 2011||Hong Kong||N/A||CMS Media Limited (HK)||NTSC||A||Cantonese, Mandarin||6.1, 7.1, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX(TM) / THX Surround EX(TM)||English, Traditional Chinese|||
|21 December 2012||Japan||N/A||Paramount Home Entertainment Japan||NTSC||A||Cantonese, Japanese||Japanese||Digitally Re-mastered|||
- Lam, Stephanie (2009). "Hop on Pop: Jiangshi Films in a Transnational Context". CineAction (78): 46–51.
- "Jiang shi xian sheng xu ji [VHS]". amazon.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Mr Vampire II [VHS] (1986)". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire 2: Son of Hopping Vampire". urabanchou.com. Retrieved 3 December 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (VCD) (China Version) VCD". yesasia.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (Taiwan Version) VCD". yesasia.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (VCD) (Hong Kong Version) VCD". yesasia.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "DVD Mr Vampire 2 Megastar". cinemasie.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire 2 AKA : Mister Vampire II". fareastfilms.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Mr.Vampire DVD Box [Limited Release]". cdjapan.co.jp. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (Hong Kong Version) DVD Region All". yesasia.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (DVD) (China Version) DVD Region All". yesasia.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Mister Vampire : L'intégrale - Coffret 4 DVD". amazon.fr. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (Taiwan Version) DVD Region 3". yesasia.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Mr.Vampire 2 (DVD) (Digitally Remastered Edition) (Japan Version) DVD Region 2". yesasia.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (DVD) (Hong Kong Version) DVD Region All". yesasia.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "霊幻道士2 キョンシーの息子たち! デジタル・リマスター版〈日本語吹替収録版〉 [DVD]". amazon.co.jp. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Mr. Vampire II (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) Blu-ray Region A". yesasia.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Mr. Vampire II (Blu-ray) (Japanese Version) Blu-ray Region A". amazon.jp. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Mr. Vampire II at the Internet Movie Database
- Mr. Vampire II at the Hong Kong Movie DataBase
- Mr. Vampire II at Hong Kong Cinemagic
- Mr. Vampire II on lovehkfilm.com
- Audio Commentary from Podcast on Fire