Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale
|Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale|
|Created by||Starex Entertainment|
|Written by||Rajat vyas and Nitin Keswwani|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Original channel||SAB TV&Times (Pakistani television network)|
|Original airing||17 May 2010–27 January 2011|
Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale is an Indian TV serial which aired on SAB TV from 17 May 2010 to 27 January 2011. The show shares the comic spirit and journey of a small town family with the struggle of a middle-class family. Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale aired every Monday to Thursday at 9:30 PM in India.
The Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale story is based on mainly the two characters in the title. They live in Allahabad. The series name is based on the name of the characters and their motherland, just like Maniben.com, Sonu Sweety, Jugni Chali Jalandhar and Shree Adi Manav.
Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale celebrates the comic spirit and life of a small town. The series tells a story of the struggle of day-to-day incidents that comes in the life of a middle-class family. It shows the clash of values and ethics between people of small towns and metropolis. It frequently takes a humorous tone on the widespread corruption and double standards of big city life. The series shows the gap between two cities — Allahabad and the vastly larger Mumbai.
Rashmi Sharma is a stereotyped, small city, middle-class Indian housewife. She has never seen a big city and has complete faith in her husband. Mr. Sharma accepts his transfer letter with a prospect of a better future. He goes to Mumbai. Comic dialogues and journey of a small town lead to the humorous incidents in the show.
- Divyanka Tripathi played the character of Rashmi Sharma. She is a perfect housewife. She loves cooking for her husband. Mrs. Sharma feels her husband is the smartest in the world.
- Rajesh Kumar played the character of Dristhdumn Sarveshwar Sharma. He is a 35-year-old married person ingrained with all the values of a true Indian. He has a Masters degree in Hindi literature. He works as an assistant bank manager. He gets happier than ever when he hears about his transfer from Allahabad to Mumbai. But he doesn’t know about the real taste of the dream city. He is known as Mr. Sharma.
- Vandana Pathak as Rajshri Shah
- Akruti Singh played the character of Raagini Sharma. She is the 19-year-old unmarried sister of Mr. Sharma. He always inspires her to become an actress one day.
- Dilip Kumar Sharma played Daboo. He is the 11-year-old son of Mr. Sharma. He is smart, well managed and expert in handling with situations.
- Ashiesh Roy as Anna
- Sudha Chandran Atul Srivastava and are leading characters.
The producers of the show celebrated a party both at the launch and after the first episode, probably due to unexpected high ratings of the first episode.