Il-Kunsill Lokali tal-Imtarfa
|— Local council —|
|Borders||Attard, Mdina, Rabat|
|• Mayor||Anthony Mifsud (PN)|
|• Total||0.7 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 ( 9,000/sq mi)|
|Demonym||Mtarfi (m), Mtarfija (f), Mtarfin (pl)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Lucy|
|Day of festa||13 December|
- Military barracks were built in 1890.
- A naval hospital (RNH Mtarfa) for injured persons was built during World War I. This has now been converted to a state secondary school, named after Sir Temi Zammit.
- A chapel dedicated to St. Oswald[disambiguation needed] was built by the British, during their occupation of the island.
- One of the most famous landmarks of Mtarfa is the clock, built in 1895.
Politics and Administration 
In April 2008, due to failure on the part of the council to meet at least once a month as required by the Local Council Act, the Prime Minister Lawrence Gonzi recommended to the President of the Republic to dissolve the local council and to set up a temporary committee to administer the affairs of the locality. The Mtarfa local council had failed to meet since November of the previous year allegedly over disagreements on the appointment of the council's Executive Secretary.
Mtarfa Local Council 
The current Mtarfa local council members are:
- Mifsud Anthony k/a Anton (PN)
- Fenech Simon Paul (PN)
- Vella Antoine (PL)
- Bugeja Helen Maria (PL)
- Scerri Diacono Anatole (PN)
Mtarfa has its own football club Mtarfa F.C. Founded in 2006, the club took part in the Maltese Third Division for the first time in their history in the 07/08 season. They have entered the Malta Football Association in lieu of Ta' Xbiex F.C., who lost their status due to their consistent poor results in the lowest of Maltese divisions.
Zones in Mtarfa 
- Ġnien Ħira
- Santa Luċija
- Ta' Sagħat
- Ta' Slampa
- Ta' l-Għeriexem
- Wied il-Qlejgħa
Mtarfa Main Roads 
- Triq G.Galea (G.Galea Street)
- Triq Għajn Qajjet (Ghajn Qajjet Road)
- Triq il-Kavallier Vincenzo Bonello (Cav. Vincent Bonello Street)
- Triq il-Maltin Internati u Eżiljati
- Triq il-Palma (Palm Street)
- Triq it-Torri ta' l-Arloġġ (Clock Tower Street)
- Triq Leslie Rundle (Leslie Rundle Street)
- Triq l-Imtarfa (Mtarfa Road)
- Triq l-Infetti (Nfetti Road)
- Triq San David (St David Street)
See also 
RNH Mtarfa Triq Dar il- Kaptan