|Industry||Hardware and Software Vendors and Network Operators of IP-based next-generation network products and services, respectively.|
|CEO: Dave Kresse; Co-founder and VP Product Management: Ajit Sancheti; Co-founder and CTO: Kowsik Guruswamy|
|Products||Service Analyzer; Professional Services; Training|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Proactive Service Assurance|
Mu Dynamics (formerly known as Mu Security) was an American private venture-funded company that makes hardware and software to test network services, to quantify their product's or service's reliability, availability and security.
Products and services
Mu Dynamics' service analyzer monitors services for ill effects, while injecting specific real-world traffic to establish reliability, availability and security metrics.
The service analyzer interacts with a service by sending invalid or unexpected traffic within an automation framework that performs fault isolation based on implicit or explicit monitoring of any component of the service.
Network operators and vendors of next-generation network services and products such as for VoIP, IPTV and IMS use the service analyzer as part of their proactive service assurance process throughout the service deployment life cycle. The service analyzer is also being used to test products and services that are IP-based, including SCADA and other industrial control systems.
Mu Dynamics in the industry
The company participates in numerous industry test events and consortia including:
- IMS Forum
- ISA (viz., ISA99 WG4 and ISA Security Compliance Institute (ISCI))
- PCI DSS
- SANS Institute
- SIP Forum's "SIPit" SIP interoperability testing events
- Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
- University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL)
- Apps and cloud testing specialist Mu Dynamics acquired by Spirent in $40M deal The Next Web, 20 Apr 2012
- Handy, Alex (2010-08-02). "Cloud-based test service uses real data". SD Times. Retrieved 2010-08-23.