Mubadala Development Company
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2012)|
||This article uses bare URLs for citations. (August 2012)|
|Type||Joint stock company (Government owned)|
|Headquarters||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Key people||HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman
Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, CEO and Managing Director
|Revenue||US$7.59 billion (2011)|
|Net income||US$1.14billion (2011)|
|Total assets||US$ 48.19 billion (2011)|
|Total equity||US$ 28.97 billion (2011)|
Mubadala Development Company PJSC (Mubadala) was established in October 2002 as a Public Joint Stock Company and is a wholly owned investment vehicle of the Government of Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates.
Mubadala’s mandate is to facilitate the diversification of Abu Dhabi’s economy. Its focus is on managing long-term, capital-intensive investments that deliver strong financial returns and tangible social benefits for the Emirate. The company pursues opportunities with the potential to deliver strong social returns for Abu Dhabi as well as generating a commercial profit.
Mubadala currently has nine business units operating in a diverse range of strategic sectors deemed important for the Emirate’s economy.
Mubadala Aerospace aims to establish Abu Dhabi as a global aerospace hub, a cornerstone of the Emirate’s economic diversification strategy, through long-term, capital intensive investments. The integrated approach to the aerospace sector encompasses comprehensive manufacturing through to Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) services. Mubadala has entered into collaboration agreements with global aerospace and aviation companies to build a high tech, end-to-end technology and manufacturing base.
- Advanced Military Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Centre (AMMROC)
- Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT)
- Horizon International Flight Academy
- SR Technics
- Piaggio Aero SpA
Mubadala Capital serves as the primary vehicle for the company’s financial investing activities. Their investment strategy is based on value investing principles. The company invests throughout the capital structure in a diversified portfolio of global public and private securities by capitalizing on market dislocations. The unit manages a number of existing Mubadala investments including public market investments in AMD and GE, along with private investments in the Carlyle Group and the Related Companies. They also manage Mubadala’s fund investment activities.
- The Carlyle Group
- Mubadala Infrastructure Partners
Mubadala Energy builds on Abu Dhabi’s heritage in oil and gas to pursue opportunities that will meet the Emirate's current and future energy demands. The primary focus is on upstream oil and gas opportunities. The company has expanded in regions including MENA, Central and South East Asia and the Caspian Sea. Mubadala is also active in R&D in the renewable energy sector and in developing technologies that will facilitate the commercialization and widespread adoption of alternative energy sources.
- Nursultan Block (N Block)
- Dolphin Energy
- Petrofac Emirates
- PSN Emirates
- Libya (Block 103)
- Mukhaizna (Block 53)
- Habiba (Block 62)
- Karawan (Block 54)
- Pearl Energy
- Tatweer Petroleum
Mubadala Healthcare is playing an important role in the creation of a private healthcare sector for the Emirate. They do so by establishing long-term partnerships with international medical institutions to build sustainable businesses, create regional capability, and stimulate the overall development of the sector. Their first priority has been to address the region’s most pressing healthcare needs through the creation of specialist patient care facilities and ancillary services.
- Abu Dhabi Knee & Sports Medicine Centre (ADKSMC)
- Arzanah Wellness & Diagnostic Centre
- Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC)
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Tawam Molecular Imaging Centre, Al Ain
- National Reference Laboratory
- Wooridul Spine Centre
Mubadala Industry pursues investment and development opportunities in those capital, energy or intellectual property-intensive sectors that can contribute to the wider diversification of Abu Dhabi’s economy. They invest in the upstream and mid-stream metals and mining industry, with the objective of facilitating the creation of a cluster of metals-related businesses in Abu Dhabi. The company is also supporting a growing requirement regionally for the provision of utilities and support services.
- Al Rusail Independent Power
- Barka 2 Independent Water & Power Project
- Hadjret En Nous Independent Power Project
- Guinea Alumina Corporation
- Tanqia Waste Water System
- Jiangsu Suyadi Tancai Company Limited
- Tabreed (National Central Cooling Company PJSC)
- Emirates Aluminium (EMAL)
Information and communications technology 
Mubadala Information & Communications Technology (ICT) invests in and develops a portfolio of global ICT assets to bring industry-leading facilities to the region. They have structured themselves to develop new projects, while managing existing assets in the three core areas of IT and technology, telecoms and satellite communications. The company’s goal is to establish a world-class cluster of ICT businesses in Abu Dhabi, creating employment opportunities and bringing expertise and knowledge to a sector that has been identified as important to the Emirate’s economic diversification.
- du - Emirates Integrated Communications
- Etisalat Nigeria
- Injazat Data Systems
- Prodea Systems
- Al Yah Satellite Communications Company (Yahsat)
Mubadala Infrastructure is helping to deliver the supporting infrastructure essential to the economic transformation of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. They achieve this by entering into Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) and by working with global partners. They finance, build, own and operate state-of-the-art facilities in the United Arab Emirates, with major assets that include the UAE University, Paris-Sorbonne University, New York University and Tawam Hospital. Their initiatives also allow for third party investment in other areas of infrastructure, such as transportation.
- Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi
- UAE University
- Zayed University, Abu Dhabi
Real estate and hospitality 
Mubadala Real Estate & Hospitality (MREH) develops strategic commercial, residential and leisure districts that are central to Abu Dhabi’s long term development plans. These major projects are part of the Government’s Plan Capital 2030. Key developments include Arzanah, a 1.4 million square meter residential and mixed-use community development; Sowwah Island, the heart of Abu Dhabi’s new Central Business District; and the Mina Zayed Waterfront, a mixed-use leisure and entertainment district.
- Sowwah Island
- Sowwah Square
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi
- Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Sowwah Island
- Viceroy Abu Dhabi
- Mina Zayed
- Medini, Nusajaya, Malaysia
- Viceroy Maldives
- John Buck International
- Viceroy Hotel Group
- PF Emirates
Services ventures 
Mubadala Services Ventures develops and manages business in service-based industries which advance and support the diversification of the Abu Dhabi economy. They focus on financial services and leasing; defense (non-aerospace); maritime transportation; and integrated logistics.
- Abu Dhabi Finance
- Abu Dhabi Terminals
- Agility Abu Dhabi
- Al Taif Technical Services
- Emirates Ship Investment Company (Eships)
- Dunia Finance
- LeasePlan Emirates
Board of directors 
- HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan – Chairman
- Mohammed Ahmed Al Bowardi – Vice-Chairman
- Hamad Al Hurr Al Suwaidi – Member
- Nasser Ahmed Khalifa Alsowaidi – Member
- Abdulhamid Mohammed Saeed – Member
- Mahmoud Ibrahim Al Mahmoud – Member
- Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak – CEO and Managing Director
Senior management 
- Homaid Al Shemmari – Executive Director, Mubadala Aerospace
- Hani Barhoush – Executive Director, Mubadala Capital; Executive Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Maurizio La Noce – Executive Director, Mubadala Energy; Chief Executive Officer, Mubadala Oil & Gas
- Suhail Mahmood Al Ansari – Executive Director, Mubadala Healthcare
- Ahmed Yahia Al Idrissi – Executive Director, Mubadala Industry
- Jassem Mohamed Al Zaabi – Executive Director, Mubadala Information & Communications Technology
- Ali Eid Al Mehairi – Executive Director, Mubadala Infrastructure; Executive Director, Mubadala Real Estate & Hospitality
- Laurent Depolla – Executive Director, Mubadala Services Ventures
- Derek Rozycki – Executive Director, Structured Finance & Capital Markets
- "The Mubadala Story | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Portfolio | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Aerospace | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Hepher, Tim (Wed May 16, 2012 10:17am EDT). "UAE's aerospace dream blooms in the desert". reuters.com (Thompson Reuters). Retrieved 05/19/12.
- ""ADAT to Setup GE & Engine Alliance Network Partner Shop for the GEnx & GP7200 Engines"". Arabaviation.com. 2010-12-14. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ""Mubadala Aerospace and Boeing Further their Relationship"". Arabaviation.com. 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ""Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) and IAE International Aero Engines Sign an Agreement"". Arabaviation.com. 2011-01-25. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ""Mubadala Aerospace and Abu Dhabi Aviation Forge Partnership for Flight Training in the Middle East"". Arabaviation.com. 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Capital | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Mubadala takes ownership of ATIC". thenational.ae. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Healthcare | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Industry | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Information & Communications Technology | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Services Ventures | Mubadala Development Company | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates". Mubadala.ae. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- http://www.mubadala.com/en/who-we-are/leadership/senior-executive-management/executive-director-structured-finance-capital-markets/derek-rozycki Derek Rozycki