|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
|Born||1940 (age 73–74)
Sujangarh, Churu, Rajasthan
She started her career with light music recitals with All India Radio, the Indian government radio. Her career as a playback singer with Hindi film industry started when she got a break in the movie, Aaiye, with the song "Mohe Aane Lagi Angrayi, Aja Aja Balam" for composer Shaukat Dehlvi. She also sang a duet with the then upcoming Lata Mangeshkar.
- "Neend Ud Jaaye Teri Chain se Sone Wale" (Juaari)
- "Kabhi Tanhaiyon men Hamari Yaad Aaegi" (Hamari Yaad Aayegi)
- "Be-murawwat be-wafa begana-e dil aap hain" (Susheela 1966)
- "Aye Dil Bata' (Khooni Khazana)
- "Kuchh Ajnabi se aap hain"
- "Mujh ko Apne Gale Lagalo" (Hamrahi)
- "Ayji ayji yaad rakhna sanam" (Daku Mansoor)
- "Shama Gul Karke Na Ja"
- Saawariya Teri Yaad Mein"
- Humein Dum Daike"
Old Age and Financial difficulties
Mubarak Begum was reported to be living in a one-bedroom house in the Mumbai suburb of Jogeshwari. Her daughter is suffering from Parkinson's and his son freelances as a driver. NDTV reported that she was earning a pension of Rupees 700 (about 12 USD) per month, while another Indian newspaper, DNA, while reporting on her financial condition said she was earning Rupees 3000 per month, both amounts being paltry by Indian standards.  Her financial condition led to a tweet by BJP leader Sushma Swaraj.