|Time zone||UZT (UTC+5)|
|• Summer (DST)||not observed (UTC+5)|
|Area code(s)||+998 7567|
Muborak (sometimes spelled Mubarek in English) (Uzbek: Muborak/Муборак; Russian: Мубарек) is a small city located in Qashqadaryo Province of Uzbekistan. The city is the administrative center of Muborak District.
Muborak originally arose in connection with an oil refinery. It received the status of a city in 1974. The word muborak means "gracious" in Uzbek.
Muborak is currently an important oil and gas city in independent Uzbekistan. It is home to the Muborak Gas Processing Plant, one of the largest of its type in the country. The city is also known for its football team Mashʼal.
According to a local legend, Muborak got its name from the name of the village of Xoʻjamuborak which had been created in honor of the Islamic scholar Abdullah bin al-Mubarak al-Marwazi. The word muborak means "gracious" in Uzbek.
Muborak has mild winters, but very hot and dry summers. The average June temperature is about 28 °C (82 °F). The mean temperature in January is around 5.5 °C (41.9 °F).
|Climate data for Muborak|
|Average high °C||9||12||18||26||32||37||38||37||32||25||17||10||24.4|
|Average low °C||−2||1||5||11||15||19||21||18||12||7||3||0||9.2|
|Average high °F||48||54||64||79||90||99||100||99||90||77||63||50||76.1|
|Average low °F||28||34||41||52||59||66||70||64||54||45||37||32||48.5|
Muborak had a population of 23,800 in 2002. Representatives of many ethnic groups can be found in the town. Uzbeks are the largest ethnic group.
Muborak was not heavily industrialized during Soviet times: it was a small town specializing in animal husbandry. It has become a notable industrial city in independent Uzbekistan. Currently, it has a large oil and gas industry. The town is home to the Muborak Gas Processing Plant, one of the largest of its type in the country.
Muborak is home to three colleges and one vocational school. There are also several secondary schools in the city.
- "Mubarek". SPR (in Russian). Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Muborak". Oʻzbekiston milliy ensiklopediyasi (in Uzbek). Toshkent: Oʻzbekiston milliy ensiklopediyasi. 2005.
- "Mubarek" (in Russian). Akademik. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Muborak City" (in Russian). Goroda.uz. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Muborak". Ensiklopedik lugʻat (in Uzbek) 1. Toshkent: Oʻzbek sovet ensiklopediyasi. 1988. p. 542. 5-89890-002-0.
- "Mubarek". Google Maps. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Average high/low temperature for Mubarek, Uzbekistan". World Weather Online. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- Moʻminov, Ibrohim, ed. (1976). "Muborak". Oʻzbek sovet ensiklopediyasi (in Uzbek) 7. Toshkent. p. 400.
- "Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan on Uzbekneftgaz". Lex.uz (in Uzbek). Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Umarov, Oʻktam (2005). "Muborak gazni qayta ishlash zavodi". Oʻzbekiston milliy ensiklopediyasi (in Uzbek). Toshkent: Oʻzbekiston milliy ensiklopediyasi.