||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (February 2014)|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Key people||Omar Giri Valliappan|
|Owner||701Search Pte., Ltd.|
|Employees||70+ (Q3 2013)|
|Slogan(s)||Malaysia's Largest Marketplace|
|Alexa rank||10 in Malaysia (December 2013[update])|
|Type of site||Classifieds|
Mudah.my (styled mudah.my) is an online classified-ads website that caters primarily to the Malaysian market.. It is the product of a partnership between 701Search of Singapore (joint venture of SPH and Schibsted) and Telenor ASA of Norway. It is also the most visited local website in Malaysia. It is an online marketplace where people buy and sell a wide variety of goods, products, and services under different categories such as real estate, automotives, careers, business products and services, and many more among Malaysian individuals and business groups all over the world. The service allows anyone to buy and sell in his or her region conveniently, without the need for a physical shop or a registered company.
Launched in 2006, the online classified ads website was named mudah.my, stemming from the Malay word “Mudah” that means “easy” in English, describing the ease for members to find, buy, sell almost anything, near where they are, conveniently in a very simple manner.
The site serves over 357 billion page views per month, placing it as one of the top 10 websites in Malaysia (per Alexa.com on November 28, 2013). Mudah.my receives approximately 12 million shoppers monthly, with over 900,000 items listed daily The majority of Mudah.my's visitors are buyers who are on the look out for affordable products and services.
In January 2014, Omar Giri Valliappan was appointed as General Manager of Mudah.my. Omar brings his wealth of experience gained from working in various industries ranging from digital television and new media, consumer electronics, and F&B over the past 15 years. His most recent venture was leading the consumer product development and management team at Astro Media Holdings.
Ownership of Mudah.my
701Search was initially a joint venture project derived from two media giants Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) (SGX:T39) and Norway’s Schibsted (OSE:SCH) at the end of 2006. In September 2013, Oslo-listed Telenor ASA will invest in a third of 701Search. Telenor Communications II, its wholly owned subsidiary, will purchase the one-third stake at an enterprise value of 303 million Singapore Dollars as of September 1, 2013. It will pay SPH Interactive International (SPHI) $16.86 million Singapore Dollars for its share of the company. On completion, 701Search will be owned equally by SPHI, Schibsted and Telenor. 701Search will continue with its business of offering online classifieds in the region. In a deal worth €180 million, Telenor took a 33% stake in 701Search in December 2013.
Mudah.my provides an online classified ads portal for both buyers and sellers who are tapping the Internet community for their business transactions. Ads posted on the Mudah.my website are classified according to nine primary categories, which are:-
- Vehicles - Cars, Motorcycles, Car Accessories and Parts, Other Accessories and Parts, Other Vehicles
- Properties - Apartments, Houses, Commercial Properties, Land, Rooms and New Properties
- Electronics - Mobile phones & Gadgets, TV/Audio/Video/Cameras/Games, and Computers & Accessories
- Home and Personal Items - Shoes, Bags and Wallets, Watches and Accessories, Clothes, Beauty and Perfumes, Health and Slimming, Wedding, Maternity, For Children, Female Items, Bed and Bath, Kitchen and Appliances, Furniture and Decoration
- Leisure / Sports / Hobbies - Sports & Outdoors, Hobbies & Collectibles, Music / Movies / Books, Pets, Tickets and Musical Instruments
- Business to Business - Professional / Office Equipment and Business for Sale
- Jobs and Services - Jobs and Services
- Travel - Accommodation and Homestays and Tours and Holidays
- Others - Food, Others, Garage Sale, and Items for Swap
Awards and recognition
Mudah.my was voted as the Favourite E-Services at NEF-AWANI ICT Award under the "People's Choice" category in 2011.5 The NEF-Awani ICT Awards is an awards concept introduced to give recognition to deserving Malaysian companies via an integrated media platform.
- "Mudah.my Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Yahoo Finance". Telenor, Schibsted and Singapore Press Holdings team up in online classifieds. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "AsiaOne News". Mudah.my is Malaysia's second most visited website. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Worth of Web Calculator". Worth of Web. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Mudah.my is top local website in Malaysia". The Star. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "New Straits Times". As easy as Mudah.my. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Marketing Magazine". More Malaysians Are Buying And Selling Used Goods Online, From Their Mobile Devices. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "The Malaysian Reserve". Mudah.my appoints new GM Omar. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Marketing Magazine". New GM for Mudah.my. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Oslo telco taking stake in 701Search". Straits Times. 30 Sep 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Telenor takes strategic 33% stake in 701Search". Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Winners of NEF-Awani ICT Awards 2011". NEF-Awani. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "NEF-Awani ICT Awards". NEF. Retrieved 9 December 2013.