|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Chikballapur, Kanivenarayanapura|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Union Minister of Law and Justice Veerappa Moily|
Muddenahalli is a centrally located village situated 7 km from Chikballapur and 1 km from Kanivenarayanapura in Chikballapur District of Karnataka State. It is the birthplace of Sir.M.Visweswaraih, one of the India's most accomplished engineers.
Muddenahalli is situated in the upcoming $82 Billion, 12,000-acre (49 km2) BIAL IT Investment Region, the largest IT region in India. A railway station and railway line is also being built from Chikballapur to Muddenhalli. A metro rail is also upcoming connecting Bangalore with Devanahalli and Chikballapur. A Gondola lift is being built from the summit of Nandi Hill to Muddenahalli. These factors are set to make Muddenahalli a prime transport link in the Chikkaballapur District.
Muddanahalli also houses the educational complex Muddenahalli-Sathya Sai Loka Seva School where Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust Educational Institutions provide value oriented education. They were founded by Late Rev. Madiyal Narayana Bhatt, a visionary educationist in Karnataka. In 2009, Sri Sathya Sai Baba declared that a new campus of Sri Sathya Sai University will be started in Mudhennahali, to be finished in 2010[dated info] complete with a world class medical school, super-speciality hospital, and law college. It is also the site of the upcoming Indian Institute of Technology Muddenahalli as well as the 600 crore Visvesvaraya Institute of Advanced Technology. The upcoming 70 crore world class "Silk City" SEZ in nearby Kanivenarayanapura is an addition project underway. The first of its kind National Skill Development Center is upcoming in Muddenahalli. The town is near the corporate headquarters of Sapthagiri Buildtech Pvt Ltd, Pruthvi Stone Crusher Pvt Ltd, and Tangam Blue Metals Pvt Ltd in nearby Kanivenarayanapura.
Muddenahalli is located at a distance of around 55 km from Bangalore via Yelahanka and Devanahalli. Public transport is available up to Chikkababallapur and then to Thirnahalli and Muddenahalli village is situated 2 km from this alighting point.
There is a memorial of Sir M. V. located on the family-owned land at Muddenahalli, with the Nandi Hills as a backdrop. The museum was renovated in view of 150th Sir MV Birth ceremonies conducted on September 15, 2010. The Horticulture department is developing 140 acres (0.57 km2) of pristine land in the Nandi Hills/Muddenahalli region with the planting of exotic flowers, plants, and trees.
- The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : State Cabinet approves IT park near Devanahalli airport
- The Hindu : National : Upgrade State Highway 9: Moily
- The Hindu : Karnataka News : Metro rail will extend to Chickaballapur: Moily
- Centre okays GPS for KSRTC buses
- Children of Sathya Sai, Sri Sathya Sai Grama, Muddenahalli - Home Page
- The Hindu : Karnataka News : IIT will be established at Muddenahalli, says Moily
- The Hindu : Education Plus : An emerging educational hub
- Silk city to come up near B’lore
- Mega event to honour Sir MV’s memory
- The Hindu : Karnataka News : Facilities at Nandi Hills to be improved
- The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : And now, here comes horticulture tourism