|Directed by||Lim Ah-ron|
|Produced by||Lori Forte
|Written by||Mark Lawson|
|Music by||John Powell
Theme by:Bruce Broughton
|Edited by||Lee Phillips
|Distributed by||RG Animation Studios
Mug Travel (Hangul: 빼꼼의 머그잔 여행; RR: Ppaekkom-ui meogeu-jan yeohaeng, known as My Friend Bernard in English) is a 2007 South Korean computer-animated film, directed by Lim Ah-ron and based on his animated TV series, Bernard.
A little girl named Bebe, all alone on Christmas Eve, is given a magical pendant from Santa Claus and embarks on a fantastical adventure. Travelling in a mug with the power of teleportation, Bebe explores a variety of exotic locations from the desert to the North Pole, accompanied by a host of characters including Backkom the polar bear and Konkongee the penguin.
Produced by RG Animation Studios and directed by Lim Ah-ron, Mug Travel is a feature film adaptation of Lim's computer-animated TV series Backkom. The film and TV series were made at the same time on a combined budget of $5.9 million, after Lim noticed a gap in the market for shows aimed at preschool children.
Mug Travel was released in South Korea on 22 March 2007, and was ranked eighth at the Korean box office on its opening weekend with 48,244 admissions. Over the course of its theatrical run, the film accumulated a total of 135,261 admissions nationwide, and grossed $608,835.
Mug Travel was screened at the Fifth Bimini Animation Festival, held in Latvia in March 2007, where it was the winner of "The Best Film for Children" award. It was subsequebtly selected to participate in the non-competition category at the Brussels International Festival of Fantastic Film, which ran from 5–17 April 2007 in Belgium.
- Paquet, darcy. "Aaron Lim a recognized animator". Variety, 30 August 2007. Retrieved on 21 November 2008.
- Bynum, Aaron H. "Korea's 'Mug Travel' Wins at Bimini Animation Festival". Animation Insider, 4 April 2007. Retrieved on 21 November 2008.
- "Box-Office Admission Results" (2007). Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved on 20 November 2008.
- "Korean Box Office" (Week-end 2007.03.23 ~ 2007.03.25). HanCinema. Retrieved on 20 November 2008.
- "South Korea Yearly Box Office" (2007). Box Office Mojo. Retrieved on 20 November 2008.
- D'Sa, Nigel. "Fantastic Invites 2 Korean Films". Korean Film Council, 20 March 2007. Retrieved on 21 November 2008.