||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
Mugdha Godse in Nov 2012
26 July 1986 |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Mugdha Godse (born 26 July 1986) is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. A former model, Godse was a semi-finalist at the Femina Miss India 2004 competition. She made her acting debut in Madhur Bhandarkar's 2008 film, Fashion. She was one of the judges in a Marathi reality show, Marathi Paul Padte Pudhe. Mugdha completed her B.Com from Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Commerce, Pune.
Early life and modeling career
Mugdha was born in a small middle-class family in Pune, Maharastra. She has one sister named Madhura. During her early days, Godse sold oil and only earned Rs.100 a day. She then started working out in the gym and participated in local beauty contests. In 2002, she participated and won the Gladrags Mega Model Hunt. In 2004, Godse took part in the biggest modeling contest in India, the Femina Miss India contest.
She has to her credit the Airtel commercial where she shared screen space with Shah Rukh Khan and the Close-Up commercial among the many she has done so far. She has spent over five years in the modelling field, doing press ads, music videos, commercials and walking the runway at national and international ramps. She appears in one of the lead roles in the Hindi film Fashion. It was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar and has Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Arbaaz Khan alongside her. She received loads of praise for her performance — in her debut she has made a sensational mark. She reached the semi-finals and won the Miss Perfect Ten title. She then moved to Mumbai and started modeling.
Godse made her Bollywood debut with the film Fashion (2008), alongside Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut. She was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and won the Apsara Award for Best Female Debutante.
In 2009, Godse appeared in two films: the first being the comedy, All The Best, and the other was Jail. Her film, Help opposite Bobby Deol was released on 13 August 2010.The film Gali Gali Chor Hai was released in February 2012 and Will You Marry Me? was released in March 2012.
|2008||Fashion||Janet||Nominated Filmfare Best Female Debut Award|
|2009||All the Best: Fun Begins||Vidya|
|2012||Gali Gali Chor Hai||Amita|
|2012||Will You Marry Me?||Sneha|
|2013||Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns||Item number|
|2013||Satyagraha – Democracy Under Fire||Malini Mishra|
|2013||Oh God! Saare Hain Fraud||Pinky||In-production|
|TV Show||Role||Year||TV Channel|
|Marathi Paul Padate Pudhe||Judge||2011||Zee Marathi|
- Participated and won the Gladrags Mega Model Contest in 2002. She also won the Miss Body Beautiful 2002 title in the same event.
- Participated in the Ponds Femina Miss India 2004 contest. Won the Miss Perfect 10 Title.
- Participated in Best Model of the World 2002. Won award for the Best National Costume as Miss India.
- Koka Tera Koka (Jassi — T-series)
- Mauja Len De (Daler Mehndi — T-series)
- Two Punjabi videos[which?] (T-series)
- Le Kar Hum Deewana Dil (Times Music)
- Chhup Chhup Khade Ho (Jagdish Mali — Times Music)
- Jab Chaye Mera Jadoo (with Irfan Pathan — Sony Music)
Awards and nominations
- Nominated 2009: Filmfare Best Female Debut Award; Fashion
- Nominated 2009: Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress; Fashion
- Winner 2010: Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female; Jail 
- Nominated 2010: Stardust Breakthrough Performance – Female; All The Best: Fun Begins
- Winner 2009 Apsara Awards Best Female Debut; Fashion
- Winner MaTa Sanman Award Best Debutant- Female; Fashion