Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary
|Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary|
11 September 1959 |
|Institutions||H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry|
|Alma mater||University of Karachi|
|Doctoral advisor||Atta ur Rahman|
|Known for||Natural Product Chemistry
|Influenced||Atta ur Rahman , Salimuzzaman Siddiqui|
|Notable awards||Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (1998)
Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, (Urdu: محمد اقبال چودھری born 11 September 1959) is a leading scientist and scholar in the field of organic chemistry from Pakistan. He is renowned for his research in the various areas relating to natural product chemistry. He holds more than 800 researched publications in the field of his expertise which includes 32 books published under his credit with 24 patents. He has also became the recipient of Fellow of the Royal Society, Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, Sitara-e-Imtiaz Hilal-e-Imtiaz.
Education and career
Choudhary completed his higher education from Karachi. He graduated with BSc with major subjects of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Botany from Karachi University later pursued his MSc in Organic chemistry and then got his PhD. in Organic Chemistry H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry located at Karachi University with thesis titled as "The Isolation and Structural Studies on Some Medicinal Plants of Pakistan, Buxus papillosa, Catharanthus roseus, and Cissampelos pareira."
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- University of Rhode Island
- Universiti Teknologi MARA
- National University of Malaysia
- King Abdulaziz University
- King Saud University
- Professor at H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry
- Professor Emeritus at University of Karachi
- Director International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences
Prizes, honours and awards
- Tamgha-i-Imtiaz in (1999).
- Sitara-e-Imtiaz in (2001).
- Distinguished National Professor of HEC in 2004.
- Hilal-e-Imtiaz in (2007)
- COMSTECH Award in Chemistry in 2010
- TWAS Award in 1994
- Khwarizmi International Award in 2006.
- Economic Cooperation Organization Award in 2006
- Fellow of Fulbright Program
- Fellow of Islamic World Academy of Sciences
- Fellow on the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Fellow of Chemical Society of Pakistan
- Fellow of World Innovation Foundation
This top thirteen publications as follows:
- New Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Steroidal Alkaloids from Sarcococca saligna.
- New α-Glucosidase Inhibitors from a Mongolian Medicinal Plant Ferula mongolica.
- Antibacterial Steroidal Alkaloids from Sarcococca saligna.
- Zoanthaminone, a new triterpenoidal alkaloid from marine Zoanthid.
- Five New Steroidal Alkaloids from Buxus papillosa, Some Relationships Between Structures and Specific Rotations.
- Solving Problems with Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
- Macroxine – A Novel Oxindole Alkaloid from Alstonia macrophylla.
- New Cholinesterase Inhibiting Bisbenzlisoquinoline Alkaloids from Cocculus pendulus.
- Buxapapilinine – A Novel Alkaloid from the Leaves of Buxus papillosa.
- Alkaloids from Rhazya stricta.
- Phenyl Polypropanoids from Lindelofia stylosa.
- Structure Elucidation and Antibacterial Activity of New Fungal Metabolites of Sclareol.
- Hydroxylation of the Sesterterpene Leucosceptrine by the Fungus Rhizopus stolonifer.
- Salimuzzaman Siddiqui
- Atta ur Rahman (scientist)
- H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry
- Civil decorations of Pakistan
- Editorial in Nature, 427, 379 (29 January 2004)
- Iqbal Ch most productive pakistani scientists
- A privilege for all: Free education from prestigious universities for all from Dec 12
- Solving Problems with NMR Spectroscopy by Atta-ur-Rahman, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary
- Prof. Dr. M. Iqbal Choudhary H.I., S.I., T.I. on ICCS
- Experts warn govt of famine threat in Pakistan
- Dr. Choudhary in laporan tahunan 2012
- Renowned Pakistani scientist to visit URI Sept. 20–24
- Dr. Iqbal Ch on Uitm
- Seminar on Natural Products by Dr. M. Iqbal Choudhary
- Dr. Choudhary in King Abdulaziz University
- ICCBS KU dats education
- Donation to PM’s Fund for Affectees of Earthquake in Balochistan
- Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary Intro on World Economic Forum
- HEC Distinguished National Professors Booklet
- KU professor selected for Comstech Award
- Third World Academy of Science Young Scientists Award 1994 Winner
- First Khwarizmi International Award by the President of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2006
- Economic Cooperation Organization Award in Education by the President of Azerbaijan
- IASWorld Fellow Profile
- Royal Society of Chemistry Fellow Papers
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Zaheer-ul-Haq; Feroz, F.; Khalid, A.; Nawaz, S. A.; Khan, M. R.; Choudhary, M. I. Helv. Chim. Acta 2004, 87, 439.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Choudhary, M. I.; Baig, I.; Alam, N.; Hassan, S.; Onduognii, P.; Bunderya, M.; Oyun, Z. Helv. Chim. Acta 2001, 84, 2409.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Anjum, S.; Farooq, A.; Khan, M. R.; Perveen, Z.; Choudhary, M. I. J. Nat. Prod. 1998, 61, 202.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Alvi, K. A.; Abbas, S. A.; Choudhary, M. I.; Clardy, J. Tetrahedron Lett. 1989, 30, 6825.
- Choudhary, M. I.; Atta-ur-Rahman; Freyer, A. J.; Shamma, M. Tetrahedron 1986, 42(20), 5747.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Choudhary, M. I., Academic Press : New York, 1996.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Nighat, F.; Nelofar, A.; Zaman, K.; Choudhary, M. I.; Silva, K. T. D. Tetrahedron 1991, 47 (18/19), 3129.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Atia-Tul-Wahab; Nawaz, S. A.; Choudhary, M. I. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2004, 52(7), 802.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Iqbal, Z.; Choudhary, M. I.; Fatima, T. Heterocycles 1990, 31 (3), 493.
- Atta-ur-Rahman; Zaman, K.; Muzaffar, A.; Perveen, S.; Habib-ur-Rehman; Choudhary, M. I.; Qureshi, M. M.; Pervin, A. Phytochemistry 1991, 30 (4), 1285.
- Choudhary, M. I.; Begum, A.; Abbaskhan, A.; Aijaz, S.; Shafique-ur-Rehman; Atta-ur-Rahman Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2005, 53, 1469.
- Choudhary, M. I.; Siddiqui, Z. A.; Hussain, S.; Atta-ur-Rahman Chemistry & Biodiversity 2006, 3, 54.
- Choudhary, M. I.; Ranjit, R.; Atta-ur-Rahman; Devkota, K. P.; Musharraf, S. G.; Shrestha, T. M. Phytochemistry 2006, 67, 439.