Muhammad bin Yahya al-Ninowy
Muhammad bin Yahya al-Ninowy
|Born||1966 (age 47–48)
|Residence||Atlanta, Georgia, US|
|Alma mater||Al-Azhar University|
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, Imam|
|Denomination||Sunni, Shafi'i  (Sufism)|
|Parents||Yahya ibn Muhammad (father)|
Shaykh Al-Ninowy was born in Aleppo, Syria. He is a sayyid, a descendent of the Islamic prophet, through his grandson Hussein ibn Ali by way of Musa al-Kadhim. His family descends from the southern Iraqi village of Ninowa, where Hussein ibn Ali was martyred in a partial area which is also known as Karbala.
Al-Ninowy began his study under his father, As-Sayyed Yahya ibn Muhammad, memorising the Qur'an and acquiring knowledge in Islamic sciences, including Aqidah (Islamic theology), Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence), Hadith (Prophetic tradition) and Ihsan (perfection and excellence), with ijazahs (certificate to teach). He particularly specialises in the fields of Hadith and Tawheed.
He attended Al-Azhar University, Faculty of Usool ud-Deen, where he studied under many scholars. He was also under the tutelage of many who resided in Syria, Medina, Mecca, Tangiers, Fez, Rabat, Egypt, Sudan and Jordan.
Al-Ninowy has authored many books in the sciences of Tawheed and Hadith in Arabic, some of which have now been introduced into the English language.
Since 2001, Shaykh al-Ninowy has been benefiting the Greater Atlanta Community. At the moment, he is the current Imam at the Madina Institute Masjid located in Duluth, GA (suburb of Atlanta), in the United States, where he delivers the weekly khutbah (Friday sermon) and gives a weekly majlis (religious gathering) in Hadith and Tawheed. He participated in many national and international conferences on Islam, world peace, and welfare of humanity.
He also runs schools in England, Canada, Malaysia, South Africa and many other places around the world.
 He has been an Madina Institute foundation scholar since its inception. He has founded and opened Madina Institute in seven different countries: Canada, Mauritius, Malaysia, Norway, USA and UK.
He is regarded as one of the 500 most influential muslim leaders in the world.
He is an outspoken proponent for peace, love and harmony.
- Minute 28:52 he mentions he follows the Shafi'i school of thought (madhhah), though he was raised as a Hanafi "Islamic Belief Aqeedah Tahawiyyah 1/8" on YouTube
- "Prominent Shaykh to speak at Rochdale event". Manchester Evening News. October 14, 2009. Retrieved May 4, 2012.
- "Shaykh Muhammad bin Yahya Al-Ninowy Al-Husayni - Biography". Al-Madina Masjid. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "Muhammad al-Ninowy". Lamppost Productions. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "Shaykh Muhammad al-Ninowy". Gateway To Divine Mercy. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "Muhammad Bin Yahya Ninowy". Al-Madina Institute. Retrieved November 13, 2011.