Muhammadiyah University of Magelang
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2015)|
|Muhammadiyah University of Magelang|
|Universitas Muhammadiyah Magelang|
The Gate for Your Golden Age
|Motto||Par-Excellence in Science and research, Islamic behavior in services and action|
|Established||August 31, 1964|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. H. Achmadi|
|Location||Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia|
Muhammadiyah University of Magelang also known as UMM which is an abbreviation of Universitas Muhammadiyah Magelang, is a private university belonging to the Muhammadiyah organisation. The university which is located in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia, was founded on August 31, 1964.
- 1 History
- 2 Campus
- 3 Presidents/Rectors
- 4 Faculties and studies program
- 5 Accreditation status
- 6 Centers and offices
- 7 Facilities and students welfare
- 8 Scholarship
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Initially, Muhammadiyah University of Magelang was a branch of Muhammadiyah University of Jakarta. It later split from Muhammadiyah University of Jakarta. in the between 2008–2011, Muhammadiyah University of Magelang was directed and chaired by Prof. Dr. Achmadi. The university is now led by Ir. Eko Muh. Widodo.
Muhammadiyah University of Magelang has two main campuses:
Campus I is in Magelang City, known as Tidar Campus (in bahasa: Kampus Tidar). The campus has two main wing buildings for administrative offices, students offices, research center, library, and faculties such as economic, law, and education.
Jl. Bambang Soegeng, Mertoyudan Magelang. The campus is popular as Mertoyudan Campus (in bahasa: Kampus Mertoyudan) where is located in Magelang Regency, closed to the highway of Magelang-Jogja. It is used by the faculties of Health, Industrial Engineering and Informatics, and Islamic Studies. The campus, which consist of three main buildings, also functions as administrative offices, library, radio station (Unimma FM), Shariah micro bank (BMT Shariah), and mini market.
In 2011, the university finished a building for rectors office, academic and administrative office, Quality insurance office, Center of Research office, and meeting rooms.
- Drs. H.Masman Andara, 1991–1999,
- Drs. Mashuri Maschab, 1999–2004,
- Dr. H. Chairil Anwar, 2004–2006,
- Prof. Dr.H. Ahmadi, 2006–2012,
- Ir. Eko Muh. Widodo, 2012-2016.
Faculties and studies program
Muhammadiyah University of Magelang is categorized as a middle University in Indonesia. Every year, it receives 1000-1500 student applications from around Indonesia. The majority of student come from Central Java, especially from Kedu plateau Areas such as Magelang, Temanggung, Wonosobo, Banjarnegara, Kebumen, and Purworejo.
Faculty of Economics
- Management (S1)
- Accounting (S1)
Faculty of Law
- Private Law (S1)
- Criminal Law (S1)
- State Administration Law (S1)
Faculty of Education
- Guidance and Counseling (S1)
- Education for pre-school pedagogy (S1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Industrial Engineering (S1)
- Computer Science and Informatics (S1 and D3)
- Automotive (D3)
Faculty of Public Health
- Nurse (S1 and D3)
- Pharmacology (D3)
Faculty of Islamic Studies
- Islamic Education (S1)
- Islamic Economic sciences and Banking (S1)
- The Education of Islamic Primary School Teachers (S1)
|No.||Region||Level||Study program||No. SK||SK year||Rank||Score||Expired date|
|3||06||S1||Guidance and counseling||?||?||A||?||2014|
|15||06||S1||The Education of Islamic Primary School Teachers||?||?||B||?||2015|
Centers and offices
- The Quality Insurance Board functions to insure the university quality in the process of learning and academic activities.
- The Center of Research and Services for Society (LP3M) helps researchers in conducting their research, such as research training, funding, and assistance in getting an access to sponsorship from funding partners either from the government or aid foundation.
- The Center of Islamic Studies (P3SI) is focused on Islamic guidance and counseling for students and university staff. Beside that, the center is responsibility in designing and implementing Islamic curriculum standard of the university.
- The Language Center (Pusat Bahasa) gives language training and courses for students and lecturers. The center provides for English courses for the students.
Facilities and students welfare
- Wall Climbing
- Theater (Teater Fajar)
- Martial Art (Tapak Suci Putra Muhammadiyah=TPSM)
- Economic Cooperation Unit (Unit Koperasi Mahasiswa)
- Choir Unit
- Adventure and Nature Lover (Mentari)
- Journalism (Suara Mahasiswa)
- Muhammadiyah Students Association (in bahasa: Ikatan Mahasiswa Muhammadiyah=IMM)
- University students Body Organization consists of executive and Representative body in university level and faculty (Badan executive Mahasiswa (BEM) and Badan Perwakilan Mahasiswa (BPM))
The scholarships consist of two main resources: the government and the private sector, such as jarum, Gudang Garam, Super Semar, Muhammadiyah Foundation, Indonesian Ministry of education, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, and other sponsors.
- Muhammadiyah University of Magelang (Indonesian)