Mujeres asesinas (Mexican TV series)
DVD cover of Season 1
|Created by||Marisa Grinstein|
|Starring||Rosa María Bianchi
Ricardo de Franco
|Opening theme||"Que Emane" by Gloria Trevi (2nd Season), "Alma perdida" by Ana Bárbara and "Con las manos atadas" by Yuri (3rd Season) and "Mujer herida" by Alejandra Guzmán (4th season)|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||47(aired)|
|Executive producer(s)||Pedro Torres|
|Running time||Approx. 43 minutes|
|Original channel||TVC / Canal 5|
|Original run||June 17, 2008 – present|
Mujeres Asesinas (Killer Women)  is a Mexican drama and psychological thriller television series produced by Pedro Torres. The series is an adaptation of the Argentine series of the same name, produced by Pol-ka from 2005–2008.
Mujeres Asesinas is a series that shows the dark side of women who have been mistreated or abused and become cruel murderers. The series shows how violence and death can overcome the feminine mind.
Each episode shows a different story of a woman who has committed homicide. These women are motivated by multiple passions such as love, hatred, resentment, vengeance, lunacy, despair, fear, anger, addiction, salvation and redemption. Doctor Sofía Capellan and her team of experts try to solve the murders perpetrated by the women.
In the series the Departamento de Investigacion Especializado en Mujeres (Department of Investigation Specializing in Women), is an agency which is in charge of helping women. This agency confronts and resolves brutal crimes in which women are also victims. The Department of Investigation Specializing in Women (DIEM) is an original addition to this version (the Mexican version) as it was not present in the Argentinian version.
- Rosa Maria Bianchi plays as Doctor Sofia Capellan
- Renato Bartilotti plays Lieut. Humberto Camacho
- Laisha Wilkins plays Lieut. Lucia Alvarez.
The first season began on June 17, 2008 with the episode "Sonia, Desalmada", starring Leticia Calderón and ended on July 23, 2008 with the episode "Emma, Costurera", starring Verónica Castro. The slogan for the first season was "No Permitas Que Tu Mujer Vea Esta Nueva Serie" ("Don't let your wife watch this new series").
Season two began on July 14, 2009 with the episode of "Clara, Fantasiosa", starring Edith González and ended on August 25 with the episode "Carmen, Honrada", starring Carmen Salinas. The theme song for the second season was "Que Emane" sung by Gloria Trevi.
The second season's slogan was "Mueres Por Que Tu Mujer La Vea" ("you'll be dying to let your wife watch it").
The third season began on September 21, 2010 with the episode of "Irma, de los Peces", starring Jaqueline Bracamontes and ended with "Las Cotuchas, Empresarias" starring María Rojo, Pilar Pellicer and Patricia Reyes Spíndola. In the U.S. the series premiered on January 13, 2011 with the episode "Luz, Arrolladora" starring Giselle Blondet and Cynthia Klitbo. Season three had two different theme songs depending on the episode. The first is "Alma Perdida", sung by Ana Bárbara, while the other is "Con Las Manos Atadas", sung by Yuri.
The slogan for the third season was " A Veces El Corazón Habla Con Sangre" ("Sometimes The Heart Speaks With Blood"). However, in the United States, it was "Porque La Tercera Vez, Es La Que Duele Más" ("Because the third time is the one that hurts the most").
- Leticia Calderón - Sonia, Desalmada (Sonia, Soulless)
- Irán Castillo - Mónica, Acorralada (Monica, Cornered)
- Isela Vega - Margarita, Ponzoñosa (Margarita, Poisonous)
- Alejandra Barros - Jéssica, Tóxica (Jessica, Toxic)
- Nailea Norvind - Martha, Asfixiante (Martha, Suffocating)
- Natalia Esperón - Claudia, Cuchillera (Claudia, Cutter)
- Damayanti Quintanar - Patricia, Vengadora (Patricia, Vengeful)
- Lucía Méndez - Cándida, Esperanzada (Candida, Hopeful)
- María Rojo - Emilia, Cocinera (Emilia, Cook)
- Itatí Cantoral - Sandra, Trepadora (Sandra, Gold-Digger)
- Daniela Romo - Cristina, Rebelde (Cristina, Rebellious)
- Cecilia Suárez - Ana, Corrosiva (Ana, Corrosive)
- Verónica Castro - Emma, Costurera (Emma, Seamstress)
Mujeres Asesinas 2
- Edith González - Clara, Fantasiosa (Clara, Fantasious)
- Patricia Navidad, Galilea Montijo and Ana Brenda Contreras - Las Garrido, Codiciosas (The Garridos, Greedy)
- Sherlyn - Laura, Confundida (Laura, Confused)
- Karyme Lozano and Elsa Pataky - Ana y Paula, Ultrajadas (Ana and Paula, Outraged)
- Daniela Castro - Rosa, Heredera (Rosa, Heiress)
- Patricia Reyes Spíndola - Tita Garza, Estafadora (Tita Garza, Cheater)
- Angélica Vale and Angelica Maria - Julia, Encubridora (Julia, Concealing)
- Angelique Boyer - Soledad, Cautiva (Soledad, Captive)
- Nuria Bages - Ofelia, Enamorada (Ofelia, In Love)
- Adriana Fonseca - Cecilia, Prohibida (Cecilia, Forbidden)
- Maria Sorte - María, Pescadera (Maria, Fishmonger)
- Susana González - Tere, Desconfiada (Tere, Distrustful)
- Carmen Salinas - Carmen, Honrada (Carmen, Honorable)
Mujeres Asesinas 3
- Jacqueline Bracamontes - Irma, de los Peces (Irma, of the Fish)
- Rocío Banquells - Elena, Protectora (Elena, Protector)
- Zuria Vega - Azucena, Liberada (Azucena, Liberated)
- Yolanda Andrade and Aleida Núñez - Elvira y Mercedes, Justicieras (Elvira and Mercedes, Righteous)
- Dulce María - Eliana, Cuñada (Eliana, Sister-in-Law)
- Maite Perroni, Diana Bracho and Luz Maria Aguilar - Las Blanco, Viudas (The Blancos, Widows)
- Ana Bertha Espín - Thelma, Impaciente (Thelma, Impatient)
- Belinda, and Isabella Camil - Annette y Ana, Nobles (Annette and Ana, Noble)
- Kika Edgar - Paula, Bailarina (Paula, Dancer)
- Aislinn Derbez - Marta, Manipuladora (Marta, Manipulator)
- Dominika Paleta - María, Fanática (Maria, Fanatic)
- Giselle Blondet and Cynthia Klitbo - Luz, Arrolladora (Luz, Overwhelming)
- Leticia Perdigón - Maggie, Pensionada (Maggie, Pensioner)
- María Rojo, Patricia Reyes Spíndola and Pilar Pellicer - Las Cotuchas, Empresarias (The Cotuchas, Entrepreneurs)
- Mujeres asesinas 2: Los nuevos casos www.musimundo.com Retrieved: 2010-04-09.
- 'Mujeres Asesinas', la sangre llegará a Canal 5 esmas.com Retrieved: 2010-04-12. (Spanish)
- Regresan las Mujeres asesinas Retrieved: 2010-03-31. (Spanish)
- Alterna Rosa María Bianchi su trabajo en televisión con el teatro Retrieved: 2010-04-01. (Spanish)
- ""Mujeres asesinas" no tiene fecha de caducidad" (in Spanish). eluniversal.com.mx. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- Angélica María habla de su experiencia en 'Mujeres Asesinas 2' y de la 'mancuerna asesina' que hace con Angélica vale Retrieved: 2010-03-31. (Spanish)
- Ramírez, Rocío (11 June 2009). "María Sorté se une a las 'Mujeres Asesinas'". Univision (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Carmen Salinas participará en un capítulo de Mujeres asesinas Retrieved: 2010-03-31. (Spanish)
- Jacqueline Bracamontes alista a Irma de los peces Retrieved: 2010-05-25. (Spanish)
- Rocío Banquells, la primer Mujer asesina de la tercera temporadaRetrieved: 2010-05-20. (Spanish)
- Yolanda Andrade y Aleida Núñez son Elvira y Mercedes justicieras Retrieved:2010-06-03. (Spanish)
- Dulce María enfrenta reto en Mujeres asesinas Retrieved: 2010-06-21. (Spanish)
- Ana Bertha Espín es Thelma impaciente en Mujeres Asesinas 3 Retrieved: 2010-06-14. (Spanish)
- Kika Edgar, de víctima a victimariaRetrieved:2010-06-20. (Spanish)
- Aislinn Derbez es una manipuladora Retrieved: 2010-06-11. (Spanish)