Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge
|Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge|
|Directed by||Nupur Asthana|
|Produced by||Ashish Patil|
|Screenplay by||Rajesh Narasimhan|
|Music by||Raghu Dixit|
|Running time||106 minutes|
|Box office||31.98 crore (US$5.4 million)
Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge is a 2011 Bollywood Romantic comedy film directed by Nupur Asthana, starring debutant actors in the lead role. The film is the second production of Y-Films, a subsidiary of Yash Raj Films. It released on 14 October 2011. It also marked the debut of Indian folk rocker Raghu Dixit in Bollywood. The film is inspired by the popular social networking site Facebook. It was declared as a hit at the Indian box office
University students Vishal (Saqib Saleem) and Preity (Saba Azad) hate each other. Vishal’s goodlooking friend Rahul (Nishant Dahiya) is a singer and popular among the girls in their college. Vishal writes the lyrics for Rahul’s songs. Preity is the president of the Photography Club. Preity’s good looking friend Malvika (Tara D’Souza) is a fashion designing student. Malvika’s parents live abroad and she lives with Preity and her mom. Rahul ignores a lot of friend requests from girls (on Facebook) and Malvika ignores a lot of friend requests from guys. Vishal likes Malvika and Preity likes Rahul. Vishal sends friend request to Malvika through his own and Rahul's account and Malvika ignores it and leaves the room leaving her Facebook account on. Preity uses her friend Malvika’s account and accepts the friend request from Rahul. Vishal talks to Malvika pretending to be Rahul. But, he is actually talking to Preity because she is pretending to be Malvika and she thinks she is talking to Rahul. Vishal and Preity are busted by their friends and they request their friends Rahul and Malvika to go on a date. Rahul and Malvika starts liking each other after seeing that they have a lot in common. They go on a double date, Malvika with Vishal and Preity with Rahul. The college is celebrating its silver jubilee. The theme for the festival is a photographic documentary (idea of Preity) of the romantic history of the college (idea of Vishal). Vishal and Preity have to work together. They have a lot in common and they are both immature and they argue a lot. Slowly, after spending time together they both sort out there previous differences and soon become good friends. At Rahul's birthday party, Vishal finds Rahul kissing Malvika. On seeing this, the enraged Vishal tells Malvika that it was he who had chatted with her and not Rahul which Preity also overhears. This angers her and she tells him that it was not Malvika but she who was chatting with him. She admits that she had fallen in love with him but Vishal is still angry at what he considers is his friend Rahul's betrayal. At the College's Silver Jubilee festival, Vishal finally realizes and tells Preity that he loves her in front of the audience and they kiss, celebrating the new generation of romance.
- Saqib Saleem as Vishal Bhat
- Saba Azad as Preity Sen
- Nishant Dahiya as Rahul Sareen
- Tara D’Souza as Malvika Kelkar
- Prabal Panjabi as Hacky
- Manasi Rachh as Neha
- Chitrak Bandyopadhyay as Satyavrat "Machoman" Bandyopadhyay
- Zuha Sharma as Rashmi Patel
- Harsh Nagar as Amit Khanna
The film received a good response from most of the critics. Leading Bollywood portal Movie Talkies quoted "Y-Films' latest outing is a must watch. And with characters like Vishal, Preity and Hacky, who stay with you long after you've left the theatre hall, this is one 'fraaandship' request everyone should accept instantly!" and rated Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge with 3.5 stars. Popular Bollywood portal Glamsham gave the movie 3.5 stars. Fullhyd.com rated it 6 out of 10, stating that the film is likely to hit it off with you if you're approximately 18 years old.
Most of the film's music is composed by Raghu Dixit. Taran Adarsh of Bolywood Hungama gave the soundtrack three stars out of five and praised it for the variety Dixit brought in the five songs he composed. He also said the album has the kind of songs that should not be dependent upon the theatrical run of the movie and is expected to find listeners even after the movie releases.
|1.||"Dheaon Dheaon"||Vishal Dadlani, Aditi Singh Sharma, Machas With Attitude (Rap)|
|2.||"Uh-Oh Uh-Oh!"||Ash King, Shilpa Rao|
|3.||"Baatein Shuru"||Joi Barua, Shefali Alvaris|
|4.||"Chu Le"||Suraj Jagan|
|5.||"Har Saans Main"||Raghu Dixit|
|6.||"Dheaon Dheaon (The Seeti Seeti Bang Bang Mix)"||Vishal Dadlani, Aditi Singh Sharma|
|7.||"Uh-Oh Uh-Oh! 2.0"||Ash King, Shilpa Rao|
|8.||"Chu Le (The Big Bang Mix)"||Suraj Jagan|
- "Mujhse Fraaanship Karoge is based on Facebook". ETC.
- "Box Office Earnings 04/11/11 - 10/11/11". 11 November 2011. BoxofficeIndia.com. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "First Look: FB inspires 'Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge' - Movies News - Bollywood - ibnlive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2011-10-27. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "YRF to launch 7 new faces - Times Of India". The Times of India. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge Review". 14 October 2011.
- "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge Review". 15 October 2011.
- Deepa Garimella (14 October 2011). "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge Review". fullhyd.com.
- "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge Has Best Weekend". 17 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Ra.One Countdown Begins, Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge Picks Up At Box-Office". 21 October 2011. Koimoi.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge : Music Review by Joginder Tuteja". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 7 November 2011.