Mukilteo (Sounder station)
|Address||920 1st Street
Mukilteo, WA 98275
Sound Transit Services:
|Connections||Washington State Ferries, Community Transit, Everett Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Parking||Yes; 68 spaces|
|Opened||May 31, 2008|
Sound Transit has located a stop in Mukilteo, Washington, USA, in coordination with the larger Mukilteo Multi-modal Terminal Project being led by the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), which includes a relocated dock and terminal for the Mukilteo/Clinton ferry, and other facilities. A preferred alternative for the larger portion of the project has not been determined. Work is now unlikely to begin before 2011 and could cost as much as US$310 million.  Sound Transit's commuter-rail upgrade is budgeted to cost US$18.2 million. The first phase of that construction, consisting of a station with a single platform, and related improvements, was scheduled to open by June 2008. It opened one day early, on May 31, 2008.
Notes and references
- "Sound Transit - Mukilteo Station". Sound Transit. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- "WSDOT News - Next Steps for the Mukilteo Multi-Modal Ferry Terminal Project". Washington State Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-10-20.[dead link]
- "Sound Transit - Mukilteo Station". Sound Transit. Retrieved 2007-02-04.
- Pesznecker, Scott (May 31, 2008). "Sounder begins service to Mukilteo today". Everett Herald. Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- Sound Transit - Mukilteo Station website
- Washington State Department of Transportation - Projects pages
|This Washington train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|