Mukilteo School District
Mukilteo School District No. 6 is a public school district located in Mukilteo, Washington. The Mukilteo School District includes all of the city, but also a portion of south Everett, Lynnwood, and Edmonds. The district had more than 14,600 students in 2013-14 and a budget of approximately $147 million.
Organized in 1878, the district has 2 high schools, one alternative high school, 4 middle schools, and 11 elementary schools. It also administers an Everett-based technical high school serving surrounding school districts. It is the sixth oldest district in the state
This school district had an teachers' strike of 33 days in 1990 pushing the last Day of school for the 1990-91 school year to July 2. This was resolved using collaborative bargaining. A 3-year contract was signed and school councils were established to continue the process of collaboration.
- Explorer Middle School
- Harbour Pointe Middle School
- Olympic View Middle School
- Voyager Middle School
- Challenger Elementary School
- Columbia Elementary School
- Discovery Elementary School
- Endeavour Elementary School
- Fairmount Elementary School
- Horizon Elementary School
- Mukilteo Elementary School
- Odyssey Elementary School
- Olivia Park Elementary School
- Picnic Point Elementary School
- Serene Lake Elementary School
During a planned remodel, a welder's torch caught one of the older buildings on fire. This building was largely destroyed by the fire on May 5, 2009. Classes were relocated and continued. Sno-Isle Tech Skills Center fully re-opened for classes September, 2010.
- OSPI webpage, district budget. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- Parrish, Linda. "Cool Schools -- Mukilteo School District Boldly Heads Into A New Era Of High-Tech Education". Seattle Times. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Richard E. Smith (2008), "Mukilteo School District", Human resources administration: a school-based perspective, pp. 260–261, ISBN 978-1-59667-089-1