Mukilteo School District
Mukilteo School District No. 6 is a public school district located in Mukilteo, Washington. The Mukilteo School District includes all of the city, but also a portion of south Everett, Lynnwood, and Edmonds. The district had more than 14,600 students in 2013-14 and a budget of approximately $147 million.
Organized in 1878, the district has 2 high schools, one alternative high school, 4 middle schools, and 11 elementary schools. It also administers an Everett-based technical high school serving surrounding school districts.
This school district had an teachers' strike of 33 days in 1990 pushing the last Day of school for the 1990-91 school year to July 2. This was resolved using collaborative bargaining. A 3-year contract was signed and school councils were established to continue the process of collaboration.
- Explorer Middle School
- Harbour Pointe Middle School
- Olympic View Middle School
- Voyager Middle School
- Challenger Elementary School
- Columbia Elementary School
- Discovery Elementary School
- Endeavour Elementary School
- Fairmount Elementary School
- Horizon Elementary School
- Mukilteo Elementary School
- Odyssey Elementary School
- Olivia Park Elementary School
- Picnic Point Elementary School
- Serene Lake Elementary School
During a planned remodel, a welder's torch caught one of the older buildings on fire. This building was largely destroyed by the fire on May 5, 2009. Classes were relocated and continued. Sno-Isle Tech Skills Center fully re-opened for classes September, 2010.
- OSPI webpage, district budget. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- Richard E. Smith (2008), "Mukilteo School District", Human resources administration: a school-based perspective, pp. 260–261, ISBN 978-1-59667-089-1