|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Raver|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Muktainagar|
Muktainagar (earlier known as Edlabad) is a small town situated (~21°03’08”N 76°03’18”E) on National Highway No. 6 and now become the Asian Highway 46 (AH-46) at the northern border of Maharashtra in India. Muktainagar is famous for its association with Muktai, younger sister of saint Dnyaneshwar, who attained Samādhi on the banks of Tapti River at a place called Mehun (15 km from Muktainagar).
It is one of the 15 Tehsils of Jalgaon District known as Khandesh and is in the Bhusawal subdivision for administration purpose. Muktainagar has a population of about 18408. Muktainagr is situated on the banks of Purnariver. It is surrounded by borders of Malkapur (Vidarbha Region), Bhusawal, Tehsils and the Madhya Pradesh state border. Jalgaon is located 60 km from Muktainagar. Nadgav is the village here Pratibha patil former president of India born. Muktinagar is hometown of Eaknath Khadse (MLA of Muktainagar and Raver vidhan sabha maharashtar state).
Muktinagar is tahasil of muktainagar taluka. Government hospital and Muktainagar police station is in Muktainagar. Vegetable market is held every Sunday at old Muktainagar.
Schools and Colleges
- J.E.school and Jr. College for science.
- Purnamai vidyalay [High school] at village New Ghodasgaon.
- Khadse I.T.I. Collage.
- Sant Muktabai Arts and Commerce College Muktainagar
- G.G.Khadse collage of arts, science and commerce.
Agriculture and religious tourism happen to the source of earnings of most people. Cotton, jowar and groundnuts are the predominant crops grown in the tehsil. Banana crop is cultivated on the banks of the Tapi and Purna rivers passing through the tehsil.
Maharashtriyan culture comman man celebrating festival like gudipadva, Diwali,Poda here.Muktainagar ispeopls from varkarisampraday goses to vari at Ekadashi to Muktabai temple at Muktainagar. Peoples goes to vari at Pandharpur to meet God Pandurang. In the month of feb at Ekadashi from two days before of Mahashivaratri huge fare take place at old Muktai tample. Peoples comes in huge numbers to meet Goddess Muktabai and to take blessings from goddess. Number of palkhis comes to Muktainagar every year.
Changdev is a village near to Muktainagar. Here is a temple of Yogi Changdev maharaj on the occasion of Mahashivaratri big fair take place here on the banks of purna rever. This temple made in hemadpanthi architecture.
Recently Muktainagar was in limelight as Hon. ex-president of India Shrimati Pratibha Patil, who happens to be the First Lady President of India, started her political career from the Muktainagar (then known as "Edlabad") constituency in the early 1960s and was associated with it for quite a long time. Muktainagar known with well education.
Opposition minister State Of Maharastra Shri. Eknath Khadse is MLA of Muktainagar. He elected since 17 years from its. Muktainagar gave good political leader to Maharashtra as well as India.
Jalgaon district president of Shivsena Chandrakant Patil is also from Muktainagar who is well known for helping needy people and emerging leader.
Places to visit
- Saint Muktabai Temple, Mehun
- Saint Muktabai Temple (Old temple)
- Saint Muktabai Temple at NH6
- Shri Tuljabhavani temple,
- shri Saint Shravan Bal Samadhi temple 7 km away from Muktainagar in village Hartala.
- Yogi Changdev Temple in Village Changdev 10 km Away from Muktainagar
- Sultanul Killah, Awwal Khalifa e Gauss Pak, Hazrat Syad Pir Ali Chandshah Dildarshah Qadri (RA) urf Chandshahwali Dargah (qile wale baba).
- ajanta caves 58 km from muktainagar.
- Manudevi temple near Faizpur town.
- 'Maruti temple' of Shirsala village 15 km from muktainagar.
- 'Marimay temple' is a pilgrimage at 'dolarkheda' village (big religious fair every year in march at Tuesday).
- Latest information and news on Muktainagar