|Industry||Agriculture, Manufacturing, Transportation, Food Processing|
|Key people||Alykhan Kharmali, Group Managing Director|
|Products||Edible oil, Margarine, Plastics, Office buildings, Houses, Plastics|
|Employees||6,000 + (2009)|
The Group's headquarters are located on Mukwano Road in Kampala, Uganda's capital city. The coordinates of the company headquarters are:00 18 50N, 325923E (Latitude:0.3137; Longitude:32.5923). In Uganda, the group has manufacturing facilities and assets in Masindi District, Lira District, and Kampala, Uganda's capital city. Mukwano Group also maintains manufacturing facilities and assets in Mombasa, Kenya and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, among other locations.
The group was established in 1986, although it did not start operations until 1989. Today, the group is involved in five (5) main areas of business:
- Real estate investments
- Bulk storage & shipment
- Cargo clearing & forwarding
Mukwano Group is one of the most active investment groups in Uganda. The group won the coveted Annual Presidential Award of Best Exporter of the Year in 2004.
The subsidiary companies of the Mukwano Group include but are not limited to:
- Mukwano Industries Limited – Manufacturer of edible oil, soaps, cleaning products, sanitary products, bottled water, energy drinks, household and industrial plastic products.
- Mukwano Agro Project Limited – Over 17,000 acres (27 sq mi) under cultivation in Masindi District. Crops include: Maize, soybeans, sunflower and simsim. Contracts with over 45,000 out-growers whose farm acreage is in the neighborhood of 200,000 acres (310 sq mi).
- Lira Oil Mill Limited – Produces in excess of 25,000 tons of oil annually, from sunflower and cottonseed, since 2007. 
- Nationwide Properties Limited – A property development company that develops commercial and residential properties. Nationwide is a joint venture between the Mukwano Group and Property Services Limited, a real estate management firm in Uganda.
- Gulf Stream Investments Limited – A bulk liquid-storage terminal within the port area of Mombasa, Kenya. The terminal can store close to 26,000 metric tones of vegetable oils, oil derivatives and related chemicals in dedicated tanks.
- Cargo Logistics Services Limited – A fully licensed and equipped clearing and forwarding company with over 110 rail-mounted containers and a fleet of over 150 highway trucks.
- Mukwano AK Plastics - Manufacturer of household and industrial plastic products
- Riley Packaging Limited - The largest producer of packaging materials in East Africa, a joint venture between Mukwano Group and Raps Limited, another Ugandan company. The factory, estimated at US$13 million, is located in Mukono, on the Kampala-Jinja Highway.
- Mukwano Dar-es-Salaam Factory - Located in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, the factory manufactures edible oil and soap, since 2004.
- Lira Maize Factory Limited - Located in Lira, Lira District, Northern Uganda.
- Imperial Bank Uganda - A small-sized retail commercial bank jointly owned with Imperial Bank Kenya.
- Mukwano Sugar Factory - A newly licensed sugar manufacturer, located in Masindi District, with capacity to process 2,500 metric tonnes of raw sugarcane daily (912,000 tonnes annually).
The products of the Group include, but are not limited to the following:
- Aqua Sipi bottled water
- Kyekyo energy drinks
- Mukwano edible cooking oil
- Roki fortified edible cooking oil
- Three Star fortified edible cooking oil
- Marina margarine
- Tamu baking fat
- Sunseed edible sunflower oil
- Nice Fry edible cooking fat
- Nice Fry vegetable frying fat
- Royal Palms Housing Estate - A gated residential community, located at Butabika, 9 kilometres (5.6 mi), by road, southeast of the central business district of Kampala, on the shores of Lake Victoria.
- Mukwano Group Homepage
- About Mukwano Group's Out-Growers Scheme
- Riley Packaging bids to buy Panpaper (Kenya) Limited
- About Royal Palms Estate, A Development of Nationwide Properties Limited
- Mukwano Was Established in 1986
- Mukwano Group was Best Exporter in 2004
- Mukwano Industries Manufactures Energy Drinks
- Mukwano Agro Project is a subsidiary of Mukwano Group
- Mukwano Owns an Oil Mill in Lira, Uganda
- Lira Oil Mill Worth US$20 Million
- About Nationwide Properties Limited
- Riley Packaging is the Largest Packaging Materials Manufacturer in East Africa
- About Mukwano Dar-es-Salaam Factory
- About Lira Maize Factory
- Imperial Bank Opens In Uganda
- Eight New Firms Join Sugar Production In Uganda
- About Royal Palms Housing Complex