Mulago Hospital massacre
|Mulago Hospital massacre|
|Date||July 28, 1950|
|Target||Patients at Mulago Hospital|
The Mulago Hospital massacre occurred at the Mulago Government African Hospital in Kampala, Uganda on July 28, 1950. After visiting his dying son at the hospital, 55-year-old Lazaro Obwara ran down the ward and stabbed a woman and eleven children with a knife, all of whom died. Obwara was arrested and charged with ten counts of murder.
- Grieved father kills 10, The Argus (July 29, 1950)
- Slaughter in hospital, The Sunday Herald (July 30, 1950)
- Visits Dying Child; Kills 10 in Hospital Ward, Chicago Daily Tribune (July 29, 1950)
- Two More Children Die After Attacks in Hospital, Chicago Daily Tribune (July 30, 1950)
- Hospital Tragedy, The Crown Colonist Vol. 20; Crown Colonist, 1950.
|This Uganda-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|