|Mulago National Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Location||Mulago, Kampala, Uganda|
|Hospital type||General and Teaching|
|Affiliated university||Makerere University College of Health Sciences|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Mulago National Referral Hospital, commonly known as Mulago Hospital, is a hospital in Uganda.
The hospital is located on Mulago Hill in the northern part of the city of Kampala. It sits adjacent to and to the immediate west of Makerere University College of Health Sciences. This location lies approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Mulago Hospital are:0°20'16.0"N, 32°34'32.0"E (Latitude:0.337786; Longitude:32.575550).
It is the largest hospital in Uganda. It is the teaching hospital of Makerere University College of Health Sciences. It is also one of the three National Referral Hospitals in the country, the other two being Butabika National Referral Hospital and Mbarara National Referral Hospital. The hospital offers services in most medical and surgical sub-specialties, in addition to dentistry, emergency medicine, pediatrics and intensive care.
Old Mulago was founded in 1913 by Albert Ruskin Cook. The New Mulago facility was completed in 1962. The hospital has an official capacity of 1,790 beds, although it often houses over 3,000 patients. In 2012, the annual hospital budget totaled USh33.2 billion (approximately US$13 million). The funds are insufficient; the facility needs about three times its annual budget to function properly; (USh100 billion or US$40 million)
- UTG, . "Profile of Mulago Hill". Uganda Travel Guide (UTG). Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Distance Between Central Kampala And Mulago With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Mulago National Referral Hospital At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- MNRH, . "About Mulago National Referral Hospital". Mulago National Referral Hospital (MNRH). Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Obore, Chris (20 January 2013). "Time Bomb: The Inside Story of Mulago Hospital’s Troubles". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 3 July 2014.