Mulberry Grove, Illinois
|Mulberry Grove, Illinois|
|Area||1.00 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- land||0.99 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.01 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||640.4 / sq mi (247 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Mulberry Grove, Illinois|
Mulberry Grove has existed under the names Bucktown, Houston and Shakerag. A post office was established in 1834, and Mulberry Grove was incorporated as a village in 1857.
Mulberry Grove is located at (38.924417, -89.268485).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 1.00 square mile (2.6 km2), of which 0.99 square miles (2.6 km2) (or 99.00%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 1.00%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 634 people, 286 households, and 185 families residing in the village. The population density was 680.7 people per square mile (261.7/km²). There were 311 housing units at an average density of 315.5 per square mile (121.3/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 96.57% White, 1.94% African American, 0.30% Native American, 0.30% Pacific Islander, and 0.89% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.45% of the population.
There were 286 households out of which 33.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.2% were married couples living together, 12.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.0% were non-families. 29.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 17.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.35 and the average family size was 2.85.
In the village the population was spread out with 28.2% under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 26.2% from 25 to 44, 21.3% from 45 to 64, and 18.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 90.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.0 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $31,094, and the median income for a family was $40,441. Males had a median income of $27,857 versus $20,577 for females. The per capita income for the village was $15,105. About 11.1% of families and 14.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.5% of those under age 18 and 16.9% of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Mulberry Grove village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
- Allan H. Keith, Historical Stories: About Greenville and Bond County, IL. Consulted on August 15, 2007.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Mulberry Grove Community School District #1
- Mulberry Grove Junior/Senior High School
- Mulberry Grove Elementary School
- Mulberry Grove First Baptist Church