Muldersdrift is home to a large hospitality industry
|• Total||4.66 km2 (1.80 sq mi)|
|• Density||370/km2 (970/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||89.9%|
|First languages (2011)|
|Postal code (street)||1747|
Located in the Kromdraai Valley and on the Crocodile River, Muldersdrift forms part of the Crocodile Ramble, a scenic tourist route generally regarded as the most popular of all the craft routes around South Africa. Muldersdrift is the gateway to the West Rand, and forms part of Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site.
With its wealth of tourism establishments and more than 40 wedding venues and conference centres, Muldersdrift is known for its fine accommodation, restaurants, spas and health resorts. It is often referred to as the “wedding capital” of Gauteng. Home to numerous small farms, smallholdings and nurseries, the area has acquired a reputation for being an arts and cultural hub with a number of home craft industries with a number of potters, artists, brewers, and astronomers based in the area.
The Wonder Cave near Muldersdrift is one of the show caves of the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site. It is the third largest cave in South Africa and one of the world’s richest hominid fossil sites.
Muldersdrift is also home to the famous Gilroy's Brewery.
Situated in Muldersdrift is Gauteng’s newest casino. The Silverstar Casino and Entertainment Centre contains a variety of restaurants, retail shops, conference facilities, a spa, and a 34 room hotel.
- Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden
- Cradle of Humankind
- Lanseria International Airport
- Hartbeespoort Dam
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve
- Sterkfontein Caves
- Wonder Cave
- Krugersdorp Game Reserve
- Lesedi Cultural Village
- "Sub Place Muldersdrift". Census 2011.
- http://www.wheretostay.co.za/information/g/west_rand Where to Stay.co.za
- http://tova.co.za/location/gauteng/muldersdrift/ Time Out Venues and Accommodation
- http://www.theramble.co.za/ The Ramble website
- http://www.encounter.co.za/the-crocodile-ramble.html Encounter South Africa
- http://www.westrandtourism.co.za/index.php/discover-the-west-rand/muldersdrift West Rand Tourism
- http://blog.sa-venues.com/provinces/gauteng/love-muldersdrift/ SA Venues
- http://www.gauteng.net/attractions/entry/muldersdrift/ Gauteng Tourism Muldersdrift
- http://www.wheretostay.co.za/information/g/west_rand/muldersdrift Where to Stay.co.za
- http://www.internetaccommodation.co.za/town/muldersdrift Internet Accommodation
- http://www.sa-venues.com/attractionsga/muldersdrift.php SAVenues
- http://www.gauteng.net/attractions/entry/wonder_cave/ Gauteng Tourism website
- http://www.gauteng.net/attractions/entry/gilroys_brewery/ Gauteng Tourism website - Gillroy's
- http://www.tsogosunhotels.com/hotels/silverstar/pages/overview.aspx Tsogo Sun Hotels - Silverstar Casino
- http://silverstarcasino.co.za/aboutus/Pages/default.aspx Silverstar Casino website
- http://www.cradlestonemall.co.za/ Cradlestone Mall website
- Gauteng Tourism - Muldersdrift
- Valley of Ancestors Cradle of Humankind World Herritage Site
- Cradlestone Mall
- Silverstar Casino