||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||GJ 13|
Muli is a town with a population is greater than 20,000, situated 21 km (13 mi) southwest of the district capital of Surendranagar, Gujarat, India, located by the Bhogavo River. It is considered to be the capital of the Parmar Rajputs, who make up the majority of the city's population.
Muli may refer to the city or to the Indian Princely state of the same name. The Princely State of Muli had an area of 133 square miles (340 km2) and contained nineteen villages in addition to Muli city. The Parmars came to this area from Tharparkar District, now in Pakistan. The Parmars' Lakh Dirji named this Princely State after a milkmaid who used to deliver milk to Lakh Dirji. The town is famous for the battle fought between the Chabhad and the Parmars for a wounded partridge. Chabhhads were wanted possession of the partridge while Parmars were wanted to provide shelter to wounded partridge, then it was a big battle between Parmars and Chabhads, this war having historical importance because 140 Parmars got victory against 500 chabhads of Sayla The Parmars, while victorious, were sacked by an army from Sindh Province for providing shelter to some outcasts.
- Matushri Dahiben Rajpal Girls High School
- Anopchand Rajpal Boys High School
- TejendraPrashad Boys High School
Places of interest
Places of interest include:
- Shaligram Haveli is reputed to be one of the most holy and spiritual places of Muli because the Hindu god Shri Krishna stayed here for six months
- MandavRayji Mandir (Temple of the Sun) is the spiritual centre of the Parmar Rajputs.
- DarbarGadh(Himmat Bhuvan) ,At Darbar paa
- Raj Mahel(Ambika Palace)ownered by The Current Muli State Shri Thakor saheb Jitendrasinhji Parmar.
- કવિ સમ્રાટ સદ્દ્ગુરુ શ્રી બ્રહ્મમાનંદસ્વામી
There is a famous temple and a place of worship to God Swaminarayan which is famous by the name of Shree Swaminarayan mandir Muli
Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Founder is a Shree Brahamanand Swami,
Temple of place
There is a Best carving Haveli, Shree HarikrushnaMaharaj,Radhakrushna dev & Dharma dev-bhakti mata in main Temple & Sabhamandap,Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj,Free Geust house etc.
મુળી શ્રી સ્વામિનારાયણ મંદિર
આ મુળી મંદિર કવિ સમ્રાટ સદ્દ્ગુરુ શ્રી બ્રહ્મમાનંદસ્વામી એ બનાવ્યું છે.
સદ્દ્ગુરુ શ્રી બ્રહ્મમાનંદસ્વામી ભગવાન શ્રી સ્વામિનારાયણના સખા અને અગ્રણી સંત હતા.
સદ્દ્ગુરુ શ્રી બ્રહ્મમાનંદસ્વામી મુળી શ્રી સ્વામિનારાયણ મંદિરના બનાવનાર અને પ્રથમ મહંત હતા.
- Pages 553 to 556 of the "Gazetteer of the Bombay Presidency, Volume VIII, Kathiawar", Government Central Press, Bombay, 1884, have a thorough history of Muli. This book is available as a free download from Google Books.