Multan Cricket Stadium
Aerial view of the Multan Cricket Stadium at night
|Owner||Pakistan Cricket Board|
|Operator||Pakistan Cricket Board|
|Tenants||Multan, Multan Tigers, Pakistan International Airlines, Pakistan|
|Main Pavilion End
North Pavilion End
|First Test||29 Aug – 31 Aug 2001: Pakistan v Bangladesh|
|Last Test||19 Nov – 23 Nov 2006: Pakistan v West Indies|
|First ODI||9 Sep 2003: Pakistan v Bangladesh|
|Last ODI||13 Dec 2006: Pakistan v Sri Lanka|
|As of 29 August 2009
Source: Multan Cricket Stadium, Cricinfo
Multan Cricket Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan. The stadium is located off Vehari Road, in the suburbs of Multan. It is primarily used for cricket matches. The stadium holds 40,000, and hosted its first test match in 2001, Pakistan against Bangladesh for the Asian Test Championship. The stadium hosts both forms of international cricket: Test cricket and One Day International.
The ground was inaugurated in 2001 as a replacement for the Ibn-e-Qasim Bagh Stadium located in the heart of Multan. Flood lights were recently installed to make Day/Night matches possible. The first Day/Night game played at this ground was between arch-rivals India and Pakistan.
- First Test: Aug 29–31, 2001 – Pakistan v Bangladesh.
- First ODI: Sep 9, 2003 – Pakistan v Bangladesh.
- Highest Team Total: 675/5d India vs Pakistan, 2003/04
- Lowest Team Total: 134 Bangladesh vs Pakistan, 2001/02
- Highest Run Chase Achieved: 262/9 Pakistan vs Bangladesh, 2003/04
- Highest Individual Score: 309 Virender Sehwag India vs Pakistan, 2003/04
- Highest Partnership: 336 Sachin Tendulkar & Virender Sehwag India vs Pakistan, 2003/04
One Day International
- Highest team total: 323–3 Pakistan v Bangladesh
- Lowest team total: 148 Zimbabwe v Pakistan
- Highest Run Chase Achieved:
- Highest Run Chase (Won or Loss):
- Highest individual score:116 Yasir Hameed Pakistan v Bangladesh
- Highest partnership:
- Cricinfo profile
|This article about a Pakistani sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|