A Multi-pack is packaging that combines or holds multiple items or smaller packages.
Multi-packs can be used to:
- Combine several items for a larger unit of sale, often with a reduced individual cost
- Provide convenience to carry several items
- Help prevent package pilferage
- Provide a tamper indicating seal
- Reduce environmental impact of secondary packaging
- Keep items clean
- Obscure the bar codes on the individual combined items and provide a new one for the multi-pack
Beverage cans and bottles are sold in multi-packs such as six packs, twelve packs, and cases of 24. These can be paperboard baskets, paperboard overwraps and cartons, corrugated fiberboard boxes, HDPE plastic handles, six pack rings, and shrink packs.
A wide variety of items and packages are combined into multi-packs for sale.
Shrink wrap used to form a 12-pack of cartons of tissue
- "Leaner and Greener". Beverage World. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- "Third Party Testing: 6Pak Can Carriers Provide 95-98% More Protection". PakTech. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- "Interest In Multipacks Picks Up". Food & Beverage Packaging. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2011-05-02.