Multi Commodity Exchange
- "MCX" is also the Roman numeral for 1110.
|Traded as||BSE: 534091|
|Founded||10 Nov. 2003|
|Manoj Vaish, MD and CEO|
|Revenue||Rs 104.39 crore (2005–2006)|
Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) (BSE: 534091) is an independent commodity exchange based in India. It was established in 2003 and is based in Mumbai. The turnover of the exchange for the fiscal year 2009 was US$ 1.24 trillion, and in terms of contracts traded, it was in 2009 the world's sixth largest commodity exchange. () MCX offers futures trading in bullion, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, energy, and a number of agricultural commodities (mentha oil, cardamom, potatoes, palm oil and others).
In 2012, MCX has taken the third spot among the global commodity bourses in terms of the number of futures contracts traded. Based on the latest data from Futures Industry Association (FIA), during the period between January and June this year, about 127.8 million futures contracts were traded on MCX. MCX also organize many types of awareness programmes. 
MCX has also set up in joint venture the MCX Stock Exchange. Earlier spin-offs from the company include the National Spot Exchange, an electronic spot exchange for bullion and agricultural commodities, and National Bulk Handling Corporation (NBHC) India's largest collateral management company which provides bulk storage and handling of agricultural products.
In February 2012, MCX has come out with a public issue of 6,427,378 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 face value in price band of 860 - 1032 Rs. per equity share to raise around $134 million. It is the first ever IPO by an Indian exchange.
It is regulated by the Forward Markets Commission.
- MCX is India's No. 1 commodity exchange with 83% market share in 2009
- The exchange's main competitor is National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd ()
- Globally, MCX ranks no. 1 in silver, no. 2 in natural gas, no. 3 in crude oil and gold in futures trading (But actual volume is far behind CME group volume as Silver is traded in 30 kg lots on MCX whereas CME traded in Approx 155 kg Lot size same in Gold 1 kg : 3. kg Approx and Crude 100 Barrels : 1000 Barrels on CME)
- The highest traded item is gold.
- MCX has several strategic alliances with leading exchanges across the globe
- As of early 2010, the normal daily turnover of MCX was about US$ 6 to 8 billion
- MCX now reaches out to about 800 cities and towns in India with the help of about 126,000 trading terminals
- MCX COMDEX is India's first and only composite commodity futures price index
|Aluminium, Copper, Lead, Nickel, Steel Long (Bhavnagar), Steel Long (Govindgarh), Steel Flat, Tin, Zinc||Gold, Gold HNI, Gold M, i-gold, Silver, Silver HNI, Silver M, Silver Micro|
|Cotton L Staple, Cotton M Staple, Cotton S Staple, Cotton Yarn, Kapas, Jute||Brent Crude Oil, Crude Oil, Furnace Oil, Natural Gas, M. E. Sour Crude Oil, ATF, Electricity(Now delisted), Carbon Credit|
|Cardamom, Jeera, Pepper, Red Chilli, Turmeric, Cumin Seed, Coriander||Arecanut, Cashew Kernel, Coffee (Robusta), Rubber|
|Chana, Masur, Yellow Peas, Tur, Urad||HDPE, Polypropylene(PP), PVC|
|OIL & OIL SEEDS||Castor Oil, Castor Seeds, Coconut Cake, Coconut Oil, Cotton Seed, Crude Palm Oil, Groundnut Oil, Kapasia Khalli, Mustard Oil, Mustard Seed (Jaipur), Mustard Seed (Sirsa), RBD Palmolein, Refined Soy Oil, Refined Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran DOC, Rice Bran Refined Oil, Sesame Seed, Soymeal, Soy Bean, Soy Seeds|
|Maize, Barley, Rice, Sharbati Rice, Basmati Rice, Wheat||Guargum, Guar Seed, Gurchaku, Mentha Oil, Potato (Agra), Potato (Tarkeshwar)|
Financial Technologies (I) Ltd. (share being transferred to Kotak Mahindra Bank), State Bank of India and its associates, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE), Fid Fund (Mauritius) Ltd. - an affiliate of Fidelity International, Corporation Bank, Union Bank of India, Canara Bank, Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd., ICICI ventures, IL & FS, Merrill Lynch, and New York Stock Exchange
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Multi Commodity Exchange.|