Multimodal Caucedo Port
The Multimodal Caucedo Port is located in Caucedo, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo Este, Dominican Republic. This harbor is only used for cargo operations incoming from several countries in the Caribbean zone and is the youngest and the most modern port in the island.
Caucedo Port has one container terminal, which is located next to Las Americas International Airport. The terminal was built in 2003 by the private sector.
This port has the 30% of the maritime cargo movement in the island, only surpassed by the Haina Occidental Port.
- CAU - CAUCEDO
- Location: Coordinates:
- Local time: UTC−4
- Weather/climate/prevailing winds: From May 15 until September 15
- Climate: mostly sunny, tropical. Hurricane season runs from June to November
- Prevailing winds: direction ENE–ESE
- Average temperature range: 28C–30 °C
- Multimodal Caucedo Port (Spanish)