From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multiplier may refer to:
|Look up multiplier or multipliers in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Multiplier (coefficient), the number of multiples being computed in multiplication, also known as a coefficient in algebra
- Lagrange multiplier, a scalar variable used in mathematics to solve an optimisation problem for a given constraint
- Multiplier (Fourier analysis), an operator that multiplies the Fourier coefficients of a function by a specified function (known as the symbol)
- Multiplier of orbit, a formula for computing a value of a variable based on its own previous value or values
- Characteristic multiplier, an eigenvalue of a monodromy matrix
- Multiplier algebra, a construction on C*-Algebras and similar structures
- Binary multiplier, a digital circuit to perform rapid multiplication of two numbers in binary representation
- Analog multiplier, a device that multiplies two analog signals
- Frequency multiplier, a device that generates a signal at an integer multiple of its input frequency* multiplier, a device that provides a high resistance in order to drop excess voltage, allowing voltmeter to read a potential difference that is greater than that which would produce the FULL SCALE DEFLECTION (FSD) current in the meter.
- Multiplier (economics), any measure of the proportional effect of an exogenous variable on an endogenous variable
- Fiscal multiplier, the ratio of the change in aggregate demand to the change in government spending that caused it
- Money multiplier, the ratio of the money generated by the banking system to the central bank's increase in the monetary base that caused it
- Force multiplier, in warfare a factor that dramatically increases the combat-effectiveness of a given military force
- A multiplier fishing reel creates less friction when casting
- A CPU multiplier allows a CPU to perform more cycles per single cycle of the front side bus
- Multiplier (linguistics), an adjective indicating number of times something is to be multiplied
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Multiplier.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.