Mumbai New Delhi Duronto Express
|Mumbai New Delhi Duronto Express|
|Service type||Duronto Express / Rajdhani Express|
|Locale||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan Haryana & Delhi|
|Current operator(s)||Western Railway zone of Indian Railways|
|Start||Mumbai Central, Maharashtra.|
|End||New Delhi, Delhi.|
|Distance travelled||1,384 km (860 mi)|
|Average journey time||22209- 17 hours 40 minutes ; 22210- 16 hrs 45 mins|
Twice a week22209- Mondays & Fridays ; 22210- Tuesdays & Saturdays
|Train number(s)||22209 / 22210|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC 2 Tier, AC 3 Tier|
|Operating speed||83 km/h (52 mph) average without halts|
Mumbai-New Delhi Duronto Express also known as Mumbai AC Duronto Express is fully air-conditioned, non-stop version of Duronto type service running between Mumbai central and New Delhi. It is maintained by Western Railways (WR), Mumbai division. This train does not make any commercial halts, being a duronto express and hence follows all the definitions or terms of the Duronto express trains. It does take halts but only for technical purposes, which mainly includes a change in crew (engine drivers) of the train. In the up direction, from New Delhi to Mumbai, the service runs with train number 22210 and in down direction, from Mumbai to New Delhi, as train number 22209.
Most of the other Duronto trains take less travel time than their rajdhani counterparts. Therefore, before the introduction of Mumbai Duronto, it was expected to be the fastest service on the route by many Indian Railfans. The Rajdhani Express gets top-most priority on the route, making it the fastest train in the Mumbai Delhi route. But, the Rajdhani continues to be the fastest as both the trains cover the same distance and despite being non-stop service, with no commercial halts, the duronto takes 40-70 mins more than the Rajdhani.
The maiden run of the train was on 18 March 2012. It ran as 02209 down Mumbai central-New Delhi Duronto inaugural special express for the very first time  and was flagged off by the Mayor of Mumbai, Mr Sunil Prabhu. The first run according to the timetable was done on 20 March 2012, from Delhi to Mumbai. The regular run with the original train numbers was started on 23 March 2012 from Mumbai as 22209.
22210 Mumbai Duronto used to arrive Mumbai central at 17:00 hrs initially but changes were made and the arrival time at Mumbai was made 45 mins early i.e. at 16:15 hrs. However, there is no change in the timings of down train, despite it arrives at Delhi 10-20 mins early on average.
22209 down Mumbai Central-New Delhi Duronto Express
|Station Code||Station Name||Arrival||Departure|
|BCT||Mumbai Central||Starting Station||11:15 PM|
|NDLS||New Delhi||4:30 PM||Destination Station|
22210 UP New Delhi-Mumbai central Duronto Express
|Station Code||Station Name||Arrival||Departure|
|NDLS||New Delhi||Starting Station||11:30 PM|
|BCT||Mumbai Central||4:15 PM||Destination Station|
Pure LHB Coaches in Red-Grey Rajdhani Livery, manufactured in India, are used for this train. Duronto Vinyl or Wallpaper pasting is done to give the duronto livery, which known as Maa Mati Manush and is designed by former Rail Minister of India, Smt Mamta Bannerjee, who herself was the founder of Duronto express trains concept.
It comprises 9 third ac, 3 second ac, 1 pantry, 1 first ac and 2 Generator cum lugguage cum guard van, hence, a total of 16 coaches. Maximum 1-2 extra coaches may be added to clear extra rush during holidays
Rake composition: 22209- engine, LRM1, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5, B-6, B-7, B-8, B-9, A-1, A-2, A-3, PC, H-1 & LRM2. 22210- Reverse rake composition of 22209.
Abbreviations- LRM/GD/EOG/SLR-Generator cum luggage van ; B- Third AC ; A- Second AC ; H- First AC & PC- Pantry Hot buffet car.
It takes three non-commercial technical halts of 5-10 mins in both down and up directions at :-
Other trains for Mumbai to Delhi travel and vice versa are  :-
- Firozpur Janata Express
- Chandigarh Bandra Terminus Superfast Express
- Kochuveli-Dehradun/Amritsar Superfast Express or Chandigarh Sampark Kranti Express
- Swaraj Express
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus - Haridwar AC Express
- Paschim Express
- Mangala Lakshadweep Express
- Maharashtra Sampark Kranti Express
- Mumbai Rajdhani Express
- Bandra Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin Garib Rath Express
- Bandra Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin Yuva Express
- August Kranti Rajdhani Express
- Trivandrum Rajdhani Express
- Golden Temple Mail
- Punjab Mail
- Goa Sampark Kranti Express
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Amritsar Express
- Delhi Sarai Rohilla Bandra Terminus Garib Rath Express
- Bandra Terminus Haridwar Express
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin AC Express
- "22210/New Delhi-Mumbai AC Duronto Express Duronto New Delhi/NDLS to Mumbai/BCT - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "22209/Mumbai Central - New Delhi AC Duronto Express Duronto Mumbai/BCT to New Delhi/NDLS - India Rail Info - A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- http://www.indianrail.gov.in/train_Schedule.html (type 22209 or 22210 and search)
- "Biweekly Mumbai-Delhi Duronto from Friday - The Times of India". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-05-30.