Mummy Laid an Egg
|Mummy Laid an Egg|
Mummy Laid an Egg: or, Where do Babies Come From? is a children's book by English author Babette Cole. It was published in 1994 and won the British Illustrated Children's Book of the Year in that year.
It has also been published as Mommy Laid an Egg in the United States. Under that title it was listed as number 82 in the American Library Association's "100 Most Frequently Challenged Books of 1990-2000".
The book is a sex education book for young children, and Publishers Weekly's reviewer said that Cole "unleashes her endearingly loony sense of humor on the subject of the birds and the bees, and the result is, as expected, hilarious." In the book a couple of parents attempt to explain the facts of life to their two children, who respond to their apparently ignorant parents by explaining matters to them, with stick-figure illustrations.
- "The 100 most frequently challenged books of 1990–2000". American Library Association. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Babette Cole (1949-) Biography - Personal, Career, Honors Awards, Writings, Adaptations,its used for sex education Sidelights". Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- Becker, Beverley C; Susan Stan, Donna Reidy Pistolis (2002). Hit list for children 2: frequently challenged books (Available at Google Books). ALA Editions. p. 6. ISBN 978-0-8389-0830-3. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Editions of Mommy Laid An Egg: Or, Where Do Babies Come From?". Goodreads. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Η μαμά γέννησε ένα αυγό!". Εκδόσεις Πατάκη. Retrieved 2011-12-08.