|— City —|
|Nickname(s): My Kind of Town|
|• Total||8.1 sq mi (20.9 km2)|
|• Land||8.0 sq mi (20.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||446 ft (136 m)|
|• Density||585.4/sq mi (226.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1295096|
Munford is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.1 square miles (21 km2), of which 8.0 square miles (21 km2) is land and 0.12% is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 5,927 people, 2,174 households, and 1,667 families residing in the town. The racial makeup of the town was 87.90% White, 7.20% African American, 0.4% Native American, & 1.5% Asian. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.00% of the population.
There were 2,174 households out of which 42.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.3% were married couples living together, 15.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.3% were non-families. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.11.
Munford Public Schools are part of Tipton County Schools. The Tipton County School District has eight elementary schools, five middle schools and four high schools.
Schools located in Munford include:
- Munford Elementary School
- Munford Middle School
- Munford High School
Dr. William E. Bibb is the Director of Schools.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Munford, Tennessee|
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Tipton County Schools". Tipton County Schools. Retrieved 2012-22-06.