Munich Business School
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2013)|
|Munich Business School|
|President||Dr. Rudolf Gröger|
|Dean||Prof. Dr. Stefan Baldi|
|Location||Munich, Bavaria, Germany
|Colours||Orange and blue|
The Munich Business School (MBS) is a private university of applied science located in Munich (Bavaria, Germany). The MBS confers degrees in Business Administration and was ranked in 2004 as one of the leading private Business Schools in Germany.
The school was founded in 1991 (at that time named Europäische Betriebswirtschaftsakademie) by the European Business Schools International (ebsi) and became state accredited private university in Bavaria in 1999. In 2003 the school was renamed Munich Business School and adopted the new Bachelor and Master system. Two years later a 24 month Executive MBA program was introduced. In addition, Bachelor programs focusing on Russian, East and Middle Asian markets are offered. All study courses are FIBAA accredited. MBS has a matriculation of more than 600 students. Since its founding MBS has had more than 1000 graduates.
- 1 Programs
- 1.1 Bachelors
- 1.2 Masters
- 1.2.1 Master of Arts International Business
- 1.2.2 Master of Arts Sports Business and Communication
- 1.2.3 Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 1.3 Executive Education
- 2 Rankings
- 3 International Collaboration
- 4 Notable faculty
- 5 Student Societies
- 6 Events
- 7 External links
- 8 References
The Bachelor of Arts in International Business at MBS is offered in English or German. Students choose between five majors:
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Media Management
- International Management
- Wirtschaftsprüfung und Unternehmensbesteuerung (in collaboration with KPMG)
and focus on geographic regions in terms of a business, culture and a foreign language:
- Asian-Pacific Business Studies
- Arabian and Middle Eastern Business Studies
- Russian and Eastern European Business Studies
- Spanish, French or Italian Business Studies
Master of Arts International Business
The consecutive postgraduate program is offered in English or German with the following majors:
- International Marketing Management
- International Financial Management (in collaboration with Ernst & Young)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Accounting and Corporate Taxation (in collaboration with KPMG)
- International Family Firms
- Luxury Management
Dual Degree Options
In addition, students in the International Business masters have the option to earn a second degree in their second year of study at a prestigious partner institutions:
Boston University USA
- Master of Science in Administrative Studies
with a focus in: Multinational Commerce; Electronic Commerce, Systems & Technology; Innovation & Technology or Financial Economics
Florida International University USA
- Master in International Business
- Master of Science in Finance
- International Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in International Real Estate
Skema Business School France
- Master of Science in International Marketing & Business Development
- Master of Science in Luxury & Fashion Management
- Master of Science in International Finance
- Master of Science in Corporate Finance
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Bond University Australia
- Master of Tourism Management
- Master of International Hotel & Resort Management
- Master of Business in Finance
- Master of Business in Marketing
Master of Arts Sports Business and Communication
The 18 month program is the first of its kind in Germany and prepares students for increasingly professional national and international management challenges within the sports industry.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
MBA International Management
The MBA program is a full-time MBA in Infernational Management.
MBA General Management
The MBA program is a part-time Executive MBA in General Management.
MBA Health Care Management
The MBA program is a part-time Executive MBA in Health Care Management.
The Executive Education programs are created for businesses who want to contribute to their human resource development.
The Executive Management is a four semester course, with three semesters concentrating on subjects and the final semester on a Master thesis. The course duration is two years.
|Wirtschaftswoche (national university of applied sciences ranking)||6th||8th||9th|
|Times of India (global university ranking)||79th|
Munich Business School partners with universities worldwide:
- Argentina: UADE Business School (Buenos Aires)
- Australia: Bond University (Gold Coast), University of Melbourne (Melbourne)
- Austria: MCI Management Center Innsbruck (Innsbruck)
- Canada: Brock University (St. Catharines), Université Laval (Québec), University of Victoria (Victoria)
- China: Fudan University (Shanghai), Tongji University (Shanghai), University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- France: Skema Business School (Sophia Antipolis/Lille/Paris), INSEEC (Paris/Bordeaux)
- Great Britain: Oxford Brookes University (Oxford)
- Hungary: Corvinus University (Budapest)
- Italy: Università Bocconi (Milan)
- Mexico: ITESM/ EGADE Business School (Monterrey)
- New Zealand: University of Auckland (Auckland)
- Peru: Universidad ESAN (Lima)
- Poland: Cracow University of Economics (Crakow)
- Singapore: Singapore Management University (Singapore)
- South Africa: University of Cape Town (Cape Town)
- South Korea: Seoul National University (Seoul)
- Spain: Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona)
- USA: Boston University (Boston), Florida International University (Miami)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Baldi, Dean
- Dr. Laurenz Czempiel, Executive Board Member at Donner & Reuschel
- Prof. Dr. Katja Ritter, Partner at KPMG
- Prof. Dr. Jack Nasher, Professor for Leadership & Organizational Behaviour
- Jan Runau, Head of Communications adidas Group
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Michael Wiechmann, CEO MW Life Sciences GmbH
- Hubert Barth, Partner at Ernst & Young
The vibrant student body of Munich Business School has formed a number of societies:
- students-clubbing e.V.
- MBS-Invest e.V.
- MBS innovate!
Throughout the academic year a number of events are organised by Munich Business School students:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Munich Business School.|
- "Munich Business School". http://www.regents.ac.uk.
- "Munich Business School Study portals". http://www.mastersportal.eu.
- "master International Business Munich Business School" (PDF). http://www.wiwi-online.de. 2012.
- Luxus - Made in Germany. Vogue.de. Accessed 06/04/12