Municipality of Bled
|Municipality of Bled
Location of the Municipality of Bled in Slovenia
|• Mayor||Janez Fajfar (SNS)|
|• Total||72 km2 (28 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+01)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+02)|
The Municipality of Bled (Slovene: Občina Bled) is a municipality in northwestern Slovenia in the Upper Carniola region. The seat of the municipality is the town of Bled. The area is a popular tourist destination. The Municipality of Bled was established in October 1994. It was greatly reduced in size with the establishment of the Municipality of Gorje in June 2006, because it has retained only 38% of its previous territory.
Notable people that were born or lived in the Municipality of Bled include:
- Iztok Čop (born 1972), rower, multiple Olympic medalist
- Peter Florjančič (born 1919), inventor
- Sara Isaković (born 1988), freestyle swimmer, Olympic medalist
- Špela Pretnar (born 1973), skier, Olympic athlete
- Julius von Payer (1841–1915), Arctic explorer, born in Šanov, Teplice
- Denis Žvegelj (born 1972), rower, Olympic medalist
- "Municipality of Bled". Place Names. Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Milenković, Aleksandar (2007). "Vzpostavitev lokalne samouprave v Republiki Sloveniji v številkah" [The Establishment of the Local Self-Government in the Republic of Slovenia in Numbers] (in Slovenian) (6). Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. p. 17. ISBN 978-961-239-131-7.
- Media related to Municipality of Bled at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Bled on Geopedia
- Bled municipal site (in Slovene)