|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2012)|
|Part of a series on|
Muntakhab Ahadith is a collection of hadith complied in Arabic by the Islamic scholar Muhammad Yusuf Kandhalawi. The book is divided into seven sections and several sub-sections which correspond to the "Sifat-us-Sahaba" or "Characteristics of the Companions" that Jamaat Tabligh refers to and tries to implement. Over time, the seventh point has been stopped as being referred to on its own, hence the Sifat are referred to as "The Six Qualities".
The book is very popular and is heavily used by Tablighi Jamaat.
The book contains Quranic Ayaahs and Hadeeths from various authentic Hadeeth books of the past, in easy understandable translation to Urdu. Ahadeeth have been selected from books like Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmizi, Muwatta Imam Malik, Al Sunan Al Sughra, Sunan Ibn Majah etc.
Sections of the Book
There are 1507 Ahadeeth spread across different sections
- Iman and Aqeedah (Faith) (200)
- Salah (Prayer) (280)
- Ilm and Dhikr (Knowledge and Remembrance (of Allah)) (333)
- Ikram Ul Muslimeen(Love and Respect for All Muslims) (390)
- Ikhlas (Sincerity of Intention) (62)
- Daw'ah and Tabligh (Calling and Inviting People to Allah) (193)
- Avoiding the Irrelevant (49)