Fred Wolf Films
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
|Founded||1965 (original company; defunct 1999)
2013 (current company)
|Chairman & CEO:
|Products||Children's television shows|
Fred Wolf Films is an American animation studio founded in the 1960s by Fred Wolf and Jimmy Murakami (the latter of whom worked on the TV special The Snowman). It was originally founded as MW (Murakami-Wolf). The studio produced The Point, the first U.S. animated special to air in prime time (on the ABC network in 1971). It was also responsible for Free to Be… You and Me, the Puff the Magic Dragon specials, and television series such as the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, Toxic Crusaders, Alvin and The Chipmunks (eleven episodes from the sixth season), James Bond Jr., The New Adventures of Speed Racer, and Sarah Ferguson's Budgie the Little Helicopter.
It was named for founders Jimmy Murakami and Fred Wolf, as well as partner Charles Swenson. It later became known as MWS (Murakami-Wolf-Swenson; with Charles Swenson who had already been with the company for some time) and even later as MWD (Murakami-Wolf-Dublin) before eventually adopting its current name.
- What's Up, Tiger Lily? (film titles) (1966)
- Catalina Caper (film titles) (1967)
- 200 Motels (produced by; Charles Swenson - Animation Director) (1971)
- Gas-s-s-s (film titles) (1971)
- Down and Dirty Duck (produced by; Charles Swenson - Director) (1974)
- The Point (A Murakami Wolf Production; Fred Wolf - Director) (1971) ABC Movie of the Week
- The New Adventures of Zorro (1997 TV series) (Co-production)
- Free to Be... You and Me (select animated segments)
- The Mouse and His Child
- Puff the Magic Dragon (3 TV specials)
- The Little Rascals Christmas Special
- Strawberry Shortcake TV specials (1st and 3rd ones only)
- Peter and the Magic Egg
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV series)
- The Fantastic Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor is a television series that aired during 1996–1998
- Toxic Crusaders
- Young Pocahontas
- Dino Babies
- Budgie the Little Helicopter
- The New Adventures of Speed Racer
- The California Raisin Show
- Barnyard Commandos
- James Bond Jr.
- The Fantastic Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor
- Alvin and The Chipmunks (eleven episodes from the sixth season)
- Mickey's 60th Birthday (new animation)
- Dyess, Phil (2014-02-19). "R.I.P. Jimmy Murakami, animator of When The Wind Blows and The Snowman · Newswire · The A.V. Club". Avclub.com. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Slide, Anthony (1991). The Television Industry: A Historical Dictionary. Greenwood Press. p. 181. ISBN 0-313-25634-9. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "About Us". Fred Wolf Films. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Solomon, Charles (1987-12-28). "'Ninja Turtles' Crawls Out, Lands on Back". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Eadie, Alison (1993-12-04). "Fergie's Budgie Coming To U.s.". Sun Sentinel (London). Retrieved 2010-10-15.