||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2014)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics. (July 2014)|
|Murali Krishna Chemuturi|
June 28, 1950|
|Alma mater||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Known for||Software Size Units
Software Test Units
Measurement of Customer Satisfaction using Internal Data
Composite Product Quality Rating
and software productsPMPal, EstimatorPal, and MRPPal
Murali Krishna Chemuturi (popularly known as Murali Chemuturi) (born June 28, 1950) is an Indian software development expert. He has authored five books, three on software development management and one on personality engineering. He has also published a number of papers in journals and on the Internet.
Life and work
Born in Chityala, State of Andhra Pradesh, India, Murali Chemuturi studied Electrical Engineering at SMVM Polytechnic, Tanuku, followed by Industrial Engineering from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering and PG Diploma in Computer Methods and Programming from AP Productivity Council. He finished academics with MBA from the College of Commerce and Business Management of Osmania University Hyderabad.
He started working at Electronics Corporation of India Limited, Tata Consultancy Services, Metamor Global Solutions at Hyderabad, and Vistaar eBusinesses Private Limited, Mumbai. He started Chemuturi Consultants in 2001. He had an impressive career starting in a humble position and rose to be the Vice-President of a software development organization.
Among his contributions to software development methodology are the Software Size Units, for measuring the size of software product. SSU unlike the other units of measure does not use complexity for adjusting the software size. Software Test Units for measuring the size of software testing projects. Composite Product Quality Rating (CPQR), for measuring the quality of a software product delivered under an outsourcing mode of software development; and the Measurement of Customer Satisfaction using Internal Data which can be used for measuring quantitatively the customer satisfaction for software development projects which would provide a realistic metric depicting the true customer satisfaction. All these are detailed in his books listed under references section.
He authored three books, namely, Software Estimation: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques. A complete Guide for Software Project Estimators, Software Quality Assurance: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques for Software Developers., and Mastering IT Project Management: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques published by J.Ross Publishing, Inc. of Florida, USA. He co-authored with Thomas M. Cagley, Jr.a fourth book Mastering Software Project Management: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques published by J.Ross Publishing, Inc. of Florida, USA. He authored a fifth book on Requirements Engineering and Management for Software Development Projects published Springer Science+Business Media, USA. His sixth book Success in Life through Personality Engineering co-authored with Ronda Lee Bowen was published by CreateSpace of Amazon.com along with a Kindle edition. He also authored a number of papers which were published in journals such as Computer Society of India Journal, Industrial Engineer, the journal of American Institute of Industrial Engineering, Technology Evaluation Centers News Letter. Most of his papers and podcasts are available from chemuturi.com, brighthub.com, scribd.com, and freethoughtnation.com.
He worked on all aspects of information technology including software development, data processing, training as well as facility management.
Murali Chemuturi's work is well cited by many researchers and they run into more than five pages of links on Google Scholar 
Murali Chemuturi's books are stocked in more than 285 universities including Stanford University, IIM Ahmedabad and in the countries of USA< UK, Ireland, Australia, Germany, France, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Singapore and Malasia as given in Worldcat web site 
Awards and Honors
- Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers  - 2010,
- Senior Member of Computer Society of India  - 1998,
- Fellow of Industrial Engineering from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering  - 1997,
- Outstanding Industrial Engineer from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering  - 2011,
Writings by Murali Chemuturi
Books written by Murali Chemuturi
- Murali Chemuturi, Book - Software Estimation: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques, year=2009, publisher - J.Ross Publishing, Inc, USA, ISBN 978-1-60427-024-2, Pages=298, 
- Book - Murali Chemuturi, Mastering Software Quality Assurance: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques, Year=2009, Publisher=J.Ross Publishing, Inc, USA, ISBN 978-1-60427-032-7, Pages=376, 
- Book - Murali Chemuturi, Mastering Software Project Management: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques co-authored with Thomas M. Cagley, Jr., 2010, J.Ross Publishing, Inc, USA, ISBN 978-1-60427-034-1, Pages=408, 
- Murali Chemuturi, Book - Requirements Engineering and Management for Software Development Projects, year=2012, publisher - Springer Science+Business, USA, ISBN 978-1-46145-376-5, Pages=287
- Book - Murali Chemuturi, Mastering IT Project Management: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques, 2013, J.Ross Publishing, Inc, USA, ISBN 978-1-60427-078-5, Pages=384
- Book - Murali Chemuturi, Success in Life through Personality Engineering co-authored with Ronda Lee Bowen, 2011, CreateSpace, USA, ISBN 978-1-46373-084-0, Pages=236, 
- Murali Chemuturi, Chapter "Software Estimation – A Practitioner's Perspective", in the book "Software Quality: The Road Ahead", published by Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited, India, 2011, ISBN 978-0-07-107816-9
- Murali Chemuturi, Chapter "Impact of COPQ on Capacity Utilization", in the book "Cost of Poor Quality: Concept and Application", published by ICFAI University Press, India, 2008
- Murali Chemuturi, Chapter 6 on Effort Estimation for Software Development projects in the book, The IFPUG Guide to IT and Software Measurement, CRC Press, April 2012, USA
- Murali Chemuturi, Chapter  Author page on worldcat.org
- Murali Chemuturi, Paper  ICPM (International Community of Project Managers
Papers in Journals
Chemuturi, Murali. "Distributing Work for a Revolution". Industrial Engineer of IIE, December 2011, USA, .
Chemuturi, Murali. "Measure out Costs". Industrial Engineer of IIE, November 2010, USA, .
Chemuturi, Murali. "Test Effort Estimation". Journal of Computer Society of India, February 2007.
Chemuturi, Murali; Trivikrama, Murthy. "Are we getting the right participants to our training programmes?". Journal of Indian Society for Training and Development, India, October 1993.
Chemuturi, Murali. "How to Measure Customer Satisfaction". Newsletter of Technology Evaluation Centers, Canada, April 2008.
Chemuturi, Murali. "What is Concurrent Testing?". Newsletter of Software Test Pro, USA, July 2011.
Interviews given by Murali Chemuturi
- Murali Chemuturi interviewed by Famous why,  Famous Why
- Murali Chemuturi interviewed by Thomas M. Cagley,  SPAMCAST 29
- Murali Chemuturi interviewed by Thomas M. Cagley, Jr.,  SPAMCAST 32
- Murali Chemuturi interviewed by Debra Shively Welch on Raamayana,  Raamayana
- Murali Chemuturi interviewed by Joe Dager Welch on Measurement of Customer Satisfaction,